Thread: U.S.A.F.

Default U.S.A.F.

My grandson Ethan just completed basic and starting Monday he is learning AF Security. The one on the left is my grandson.
    Samethan.jpg

Good looking lad!

God bless Ethan!!! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    God bless Ethan!!! Sincerely. bruce.
    Thank you! With what he will be doing, Ethan will need God's help.
    Sam

How long has he been in the AF? I ask due to him having 2 stripes. Also, if I were in the security branch, I would ask to be a dog handler.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMOhio View Post
    How long has he been in the AF? I ask due to him having 2 stripes. Also, if I were in the security branch, I would ask to be a dog handler.
    60 days, except Ethan was in AFJROTC for the past four years. Ethan's senior year he was the commander of the detachment at his school and received written recommendations from who was in charge of the school program from the AF. Ethan wants to do the same type of work that his farther did in the Army.
    Sam

Good on him!! Since we're sharing kid pictures, this one is our son in Iraq, as I said previously he liked the infantry part of AF Security but hated the cop part. It took a direct order to get him out of that boonie hat and into a helmet . He's no longer in Security and there are more stripes now. Due to the world situation, especially in Israel, he is thinking about the possibility of a deployment in the not too distant future which would be inconvenient for him at the moment, but that's the way the cookie crumbles...we'll see.

Philip in Iraq.jpg

Notice the pistol, in this case an M9. Everybody in AF Security was, and I assume is, issued a pistol on combat deployments. Something I guarantee a lot of soldiers and Marines wish was the case for them.
    Last edited by Art; 10-15-2023 at 07:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    Good on him!! Since we're sharing kid pictures, this one is our son in Iraq, as I said previously he liked the infantry part of AF Security but hated the cop part. It took a direct order to get him out of that boonie hat and into a helmet . He's no longer in Security and there are more stripes now. Due to the world situation, especially in Israel, he is thinking about the possibility of a deployment in the not too distant future which would be inconvenient for him at the moment, but that's the way the cookie crumbles...we'll see.

Philip in Iraq.jpg

Notice the pistol, in this case an M9. Everybody in AF Security was, and I assume is, issued a pistol on combat deployments. Something I guarantee a lot of soldiers and Marines wish was the case for them.
    Until Covid hit, Ethan was a member of the S.O. Scout program, as well as the ROTC. Regarding pistol, our son Luke trained Ethan on the M1911-A1 same as I did Luke.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    Until Covid hit, Ethan was a member of the S.O. Scout program, as well as the ROTC. Regarding pistol, our son Luke trained Ethan on the M1911-A1 same as I did Luke.
    Sam
    The current AF standard issue pistol is a SIG. If Ethan can shoot an M1911A1 the current issue pistol will be a piece of cake. I don't think the rifle has changed, an M4 with the current model of an Aimpoint Patrol red dot sight. Unfortunately AF marksmanship training leaves a bit to be desired, I believe the basic training marksmanship course is still done on a 1,000 inch range. Ethan will have several steps up on almost everybody else in his training unit.
    Last edited by Art; 10-15-2023 at 07:57.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    The current AF standard issue pistol is a SIG. If Ethan can shoot an M1911A1 the current issue pistol will be a piece of cake. I don't think the rifle has changed, an M4 with the current model of an Aimpoint Patrol red dot sight. Unfortunately AF marksmanship training leaves a bit to be desired, I believe the basic training marksmanship course is still done on a 1,000 inch range. Ethan will have several steps up on almost everybody else in his training unit.
    Tell him about special duty assignment to Combat Control Teams. CCT is the USAF Special Ops. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt and beret.