Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    When I graduated from high school in 1963 the population of Rogers, AR was about 5,500 people. Now it is 71,000.

In 2018 I moved into a small town in Northwest AR and bought a newly built 1,286 square foot in a town with 4,500 population. The appraised value after 5 years is up 50 percent more than I paid because people want out of big towns!
    ????

Doesn't that kinda support what I said?

I wish our town was still small. I remember when it had a pop of about 250. I don't know how many are here now but it is referred to as a city now.

People move in from where ever the fk. Buy only new homes as to destroy property. Then about 6 months later they get foreclosed on and move out only for others to come in and repeat the process over and over.

I use to know everyone. Now I practically know no one.

In a slightly related manner i needed an extra key for my Kubota tractor. The local hardware store didn't have key blanks to match so I took my key to the Kubota dealer. There, I asked if they could grind me a new key. The man behind the counter simply turned around and grabbed one off the shelf.

It's a one key fits all.

Same for my Toro, Scag and Craftsman mowers. You can buy the keys off of ebay.

So, tractor, mower and other items that have an ignition system are super easy to steal. Just drive them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    In a slightly related manner i needed an extra key for my Kubota tractor. The local hardware store didn't have key blanks to match so I took my key to the Kubota dealer. There, I asked if they could grind me a new key. The man behind the counter simply turned around and grabbed one off the shelf.

It's a one key fits all.

Same for my Toro, Scag and Craftsman mowers. You can buy the keys off of ebay.

So, tractor, mower and other items that have an ignition system are super easy to steal. Just drive them away.
    Hyster forklift keys are the same way.......one key operates all the other equipment.

Motion detector lights can help if only because when they go on, they are likely to wake you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    Motion detector lights can help if only because when they go on, they are likely to wake you up.
    But, instead of turning on lights they can trigger a loud sound, either outside or inside.

I rely on a pit bull, an Ithaca Model 37 and a reputation for being a mean SOB.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Humphrey View Post
    I rely on a pit bull, an Ithaca Model 37 and a reputation for being a mean SOB.
    +1

You could get yourself a timber rattler.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    You could get yourself a timber rattler.
    Sam
    And it would save a lot of hassle. When the police want to know what happened to the guy lying dead on your doorstep, you could say, "'Hain't my doin'. Snake made his own decision."

They will dust the snake for finger prints and find yours oops maybe not as who would handle a rattler, Lol