Default Does anybody produce steel core .30 cal bullets for reloads?

The only black nosed m-2 ammo I can see for sale is $3.+ per round plus shipping?

Illegal in about 20 states, so probably not available.

Blog Entries

didn't the guy that sold the bullets to the vegas shooter get busted for selling the shooter reloads of AP?

you can find the bullets here and there, and even the ammo, but you cannot manufacture new stuff? as in reload?

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    didn't the guy that sold the bullets to the vegas shooter get busted for selling the shooter reloads of AP?

you can find the bullets here and there, and even the ammo, but you cannot manufacture new stuff? as in reload?
    I guess things are different today. Back in the day when you could buy Nagants for $40 the only ammo available was FMJ milsurp. I asked the ATF if it was legal to pull the FMJs and replace them with .311 soft points. That would allow people to hunt deer with the Nants and they say yes that is not making new ammo. I cannot find the letter. I lost my FFL when the rules changed and shut down basement businesses.

I pulled several hundreds of FMJs and replaced them with .311 sofr points meant for British Enfields. I sold a bunch of Nagants to folks who could not afford a better rifle.
    Last edited by RED; 10-11-2023 at 08:37.

Good post Red, but here's the point: AP is made up of hard steel. The jacket sends the round down the barrel. I'm sure producing a solid steel inner isn't a lost art, but it might raise some eyebrows.
    Last edited by dryheat; 10-11-2023 at 10:22.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    I guess things are different today. Back in the day when you could buy Nagants for $40 the only ammo available was FMJ milsurp. I asked the ATF if it was legal to pull the FMJs and replace them with .311 soft points. That would allow people to hunt deer with the Nants and they say yes that is not making new ammo. I cannot find the letter. I lost my FFL when the rules changed and shut down basement businesses.

I pulled several hundreds of FMJs and replaced them with .311 sofr points meant for British Enfields. I sold a bunch of Nagants to folks who could not afford a better rifle.
    that is similar to what was called Mexican Match ammo,

pull the 173gr FMJBT from some M118 , and replace it with a 168 gr Sierra,

folks still do similar to get reloading components,

however, as mentioned, reloading and selling is a no no,