Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M.I.L.F.

FORD

Found on road dead

First on race day

Love them or hate them.

I was Chrysler/Jeep for many years. 60 years ago, my Dad was a car hauler and delivered King Richards Petty Blue 43's to him. As a kid I got to sit in them as Dad stopped over in town on his way from Detroit. The inside was stripped, no seats or steering wheel. Dad sat on a wood milk crate and had a steering wheel that he put on each car. I asked Dad what happened to the wrecked car, did they go back? Dad said the deal was that the 426 and the tranny would be pulled. The rest was taken out back and then a CAT worked them over. After two years of sitting the rusted hulk would go to the junk yard.
    Sam

What a waste.

If only.......

Daft?
    Gen xy & z know what MILF means. Anyway, the subject is Fords and not, well, you know....

Fix Or Repair Daily.

I kind of hate this Ford Edge, but I am letting up some now because I hear that the UAW workers are slaves and are starved and beaten and that's why we get crappy cars. Mr. Joe just marched with the down trodden again.
    Seriously, the auto robots keep a high pace and the poor humans are expected to keep up. They eat Romem at lunch.
    Everyone is going on strike these days. You think inflation is going to retreat? Guess again.
    When the ghost of Greenspan speaks, get ready. It's not really excessive exuberance but whistling in the dark. We get a recession about every 8-10 yrs. Oh, let's see...it' been about...
    My apologies to S.A. I've run off the track some.
    By the by, the Platinum warranty I got (and didn't know I got) covered all the repairs on the Ford. I paid, 2K for the Plat warranty and the repairs came to three grand.
    It's better to be lucky than smart.
    One more thing and that's it: I read a couple yrs. ago that ford lost money on the warranties. Really? Well I'll be.. I saw a bumper sticker a while back that said: Screw the extended warranty, built it right the first time. Except,I know the business thought behind that. OK, that's it.
    Last edited by dryheat; 10-01-2023 at 11:38.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.