Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New in wrap Winchester Garand barrel 7/67

A friend of mine bought this some years ago and its turning up and may be available.

Super clean and appears never to have been mounted in an action. Rifling is crisp and clean with no drag as i push a patch through it.

I rubbed the grease pencil into the stamping for the photos. also there appears that something was overstamped over the part number but I cannot make it out. See pics.

So the question of the day is, Whats it worth?

garand barell 1.jpgGarand barrel Win .jpgGarand Win barrell .jpg
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!

Looking at that it could mean July 62. Or....7.62. Which is it?
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

it is not 62 it is 7/67 (July 67) and it is in 30-06
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!

The Winchester "script" barrels were always for replacement, not common to find in such nice condition.

Most were in good to poor condition.

it should have Winchester collector interest.

The contract for Winchester M1 Rifles was cancelled in June of 1945. While the Winchester script barrel is a collector's item, it was used as a replacement barrel on late rebuilds.

I bought a 1967 Winchester barrel from a seller on ebay once that fudged on the bore quality. It was tomato stake or tent stake grade.

thanks for the replies. but the question remains... Whats it worth? Is $250 out of line?

Quote Originally Posted by PaFrank View Post
    thanks for the replies. but the question remains... Whats it worth? Is $250 out of line?
    Subjects do drift here.

Looking at what is being offered on ebay I think you are in line. Anyone having a Win Garand needing a barrel may find it attractive after seeing the asking price of original WRA barrels for $600-$700, especially if they intend to shoot it.

Yours being new in the wrap will be the best selling point.

Anything Winchester is sought after. But for some reason, every '67 Win barrel I recall was faded out. There's a lot of stuff on yours. Heck, any modern barrel can cost $250. Old time Winchester goes for more. As Allen mentioned, WWII Win barrels are 6 or 7 hundred. Win oprods are 3 hundred.
    Last edited by dryheat; 10-02-2023 at 12:27.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

10. Default

Not sure that barrel is NOS.

Underneath the Winchester factory markings appears to be a partial import mark for Springfield Sporters in Penn Run PA who I don't believe would have needed to import mark a barrel not installed on a receiver when it was imported.