Default Saturday coffee Sept. 23

Funeral drama seems to have subsided. Wifey is with her sister for moral support until I pick her up tomorrow. Meaning, Flop Ears and I have been batching and eating what we like.
    But I also did house mouse stuff like laundry and shove the vacuum sweeper around. A regular Ward Cleaver, I am!

Fall is getting closer - irrigation ditches are shutting down, and I saw a load of corn heading to the pile. Most of that here goes over to an ethanol plant in my home town. I had big plans for trapping crawdads in the ditches, but coons quickly put a stop to that. They not only raided the crawdads but also ate the bait. I guess they have to eat, too but I just don't feel the need to put on a feed bag for them.

No plans today other than let daughter's dogs out this evening. Her and a pal went to some comedy show in Denver. Not me - I've become quite a home body. Worked all those years to pay it off so now I'm going to enjoy it! SW

Blog Entries

tropical storm someone has arrived and shut down the farmers market we were going to this morning,

also thought of a trip to Wine Country ( that would be Charlottesville VA,) to taste a few, and have lunch,

but wife does not like to be out in the rain

so,

since i am taking a day off,

piddled in the garage, getting some stuff organized for a range trip Wed,
    replaced a Weaver , standard crosshairs and 2.5x on a No 4T with a 3x with the more typical german type crosshair,
    and for whatever reason, I was able to mount it with the adjustment ahead of the front ring, so it fits me and my eyesite better,

range day is for Match practice, and to shoot for score that No 4T for a postal match, (10 rounds in a SR-21, off a ruck or similar, prone, not bench)
    buddy and I are planning on some repairs to the target holders too, so prepped a bag to carry tools, and will round up some scrap when I get back Monday

wife has had way too much coffee, and is gettign stir crazy,, so I may dive back in the garage

Picked up some kind of a bug. Wifey's been nursemaiding me for most of the day.
    Cream of mushroom soup ain't all that bad when you're under as much as I am.
    Family front has been more or less quiet, which I'll take.
    Been doing a few fall photo's- mostly close ups of plants and things.
    Some of this old film era manual focus glass is something else.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharptail View Post
    Picked up some kind of a bug. Wifey's been nursemaiding me for most of the day.
    Cream of mushroom soup ain't all that bad when you're under as much as I am.
    Family front has been more or less quiet, which I'll take.
    Been doing a few fall photo's- mostly close ups of plants and things.
    Some of this old film era manual focus glass is something else.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    during the rain, which slacked up a bit, wife was on the front porch (covered) and a Doe, Fawn, and about a 6 point Deer (Whitetail) walked out in the yard,

I stepped, quietly, into the house, fetched the Nikon, and returned to see no deer, wife said they just walked by and went back in the woods,,,,

left the shop this morning to do a buy, (picked up 3 safes from an estate) and passed the same field I pass every day,
    only this morning there were 8 big Turkeys frolicking about near the road,

not seen that many together in a good while

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    during the rain, which slacked up a bit, wife was on the front porch (covered) and a Doe, Fawn, and about a 6 point Deer (Whitetail) walked out in the yard,

I stepped, quietly, into the house, fetched the Nikon, and returned to see no deer, wife said they just walked by and went back in the woods,,,,

left the shop this morning to do a buy, (picked up 3 safes from an estate) and passed the same field I pass every day,
    only this morning there were 8 big Turkeys frolicking about near the road,

not seen that many together in a good while

This one waited for me to come back out with the D-810.
    Another pet/cottontail hybrid by the heavy nose.
    Soligor 135mm f2.8 wide open.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

6. Default

The tree 2 doors down that shed a big branch, narrowly missing next door during the last storm, decided to dump an entire trunk with branches into the next door but one's yard, smashing through part of the next door to them roof last night
    The wrecking crew showed up early this morning to cut the rest of it down as it was rotted very badly inside.