This won't interest most of you--just a nature story.

We have a wild rabbit that lives in our yard. Our yard is somewhat of a safe haven for such since it is fenced in and always has a supply of water, shelter and shrubbery for hiding. We don't plant veg gardens so we don't mind the company.

The way rabbits multiply it would seem we would have a yard full of them but no, it is always only one, sometimes on rare occasions, two.

One will show up as a young bunny about 3-4", act mostly tame, stay in our yard for most of a year till grown, then vanish only for the process to repeat over and over. I assume the rare 2nd rabbit is a previous tenant that has come back for a visit or maybe water.

Part of my wife's "healthy" diet is an apple a day. She was tossing the apple peelings in the trash and I suggested we put them outside for rabbit food.

Anyway, to make this story a little shorter, the rabbit eats all the apple peelings every night, loves sliced banana and eats the dry rabbit food I put out for him/her/it.

Rabbits in the wild eat tree bark, twigs, clover and such. In the past I've seen them eating fallen dates from our palm trees and pears so I suspected they had a sweet tooth. My kids had pet domestic rabbits long ago but we didn't know to give them fruit.