Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

The large point at about the 10:00 position was found in a field that had no broken pottery in it, which indicates a date of 4500 to 6000 years old. The first thing to be broken when a camp was plowed was the pottery, and the broken pieces were very common.

Johnny P, great collection and a great display.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

3. Default

Thanks. It was a lot of fun hunting them in the spring when the fields had been broken up and a good rain. Now all the fields have been planted in pine trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    Thanks. It was a lot of fun hunting them in the spring when the fields had been broken up and a good rain. Now all the fields have been planted in pine trees.
    You're lucky. All of our fields have been planted with houses.

My dear departed Friend Carl Jensen had a truly impressive display of arrowheads and spear points. Most of them he found "cutting sign" in the Border Patrol. His prize possession was a Folsom point. It was nice I'm sure to spend so much time in a "target rich environment" for that stuff and to know what you were looking for. I'm sure there was no wash or arroyo he didn't take a short side trip up.

Nowdays Texas landowners make you pay to hunt anything, including arrowheads, on their property.

6. Default

All these fields were on rivers or oxbow lakes. No utilities within miles, and graveled road access.