Default Hmmm............

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Lol, good one!

Why some people believe the world is flat.

You cannot fix stupid.... and we have a stupid government.

Once upon a time, a long, long time ago before political correctness ruled the world, I climbed that rock, It was then known as Ayers Rock, and there were pockets of water on the rock as you made your way and you could have a dip.

KTK

It's not Ayer's Rock anymore? For some reason I had a poster of that on my wall when I was younger. Just recently, they believe they have found evidence of the largest meteor to hit the earth a few billion years ago. It's in Australia, or what used to be called Gondwana. The crater was about 300 miles wide but you can't see it. They think it was the cause of one of the ice ages and probably killed 85% of life on earth. That's happened a few times. Now days they believe there has been about a half dozen major die offs in our long history.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Why some people believe the world is flat.
    It has to be flat otherwise we'd fly off because of the spinning (if it was round).

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    It's not Ayer's Rock anymore? For some reason I had a poster of that on my wall when I was younger. Just recently, they believe they have found evidence of the largest meteor to hit the earth a few billion years ago. It's in Australia, or what used to be called Gondwana. The crater was about 300 miles wide but you can't see it. They think it was the cause of one of the ice ages and probably killed 85% of life on earth. That's happened a few times. Now days they believe there has been about a half dozen major die offs in our long history.
    The politically correct are changing the world as they want. Ayers Rock is now Uluru. Some other places I have been have been the names have now been changed Burma -Mynmar, Rangoon - Yangon, Calcutta - Kolkata, Bombay - Mumbai, Queen Charlotte Islands - Hwaii Gwaii.

Who knows what is next?

KTK

Quote Originally Posted by Ken The Kanuck View Post
    The politically correct are changing the world as they want. Ayers Rock is now Uluru. Some other places I have been have been the names have now been changed Burma -Mynmar, Rangoon - Yangon, Calcutta - Kolkata, Bombay - Mumbai, Queen Charlotte Islands - Hwaii Gwaii.

Who knows what is next?

KTK
    Ken. No doubt we will have to change the name of Canada, an Indian word meaning village, otherwise we will be accused of the latest woke crime: "Cultural Appropriation"

Quote Originally Posted by Ken The Kanuck View Post
    Who knows what is next?
    China's rock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    Ken. No doubt we will have to change the name of Canada, an Indian word meaning village, otherwise we will be accused of the latest woke crime: "Cultural Appropriation"
    Also renamed to China.