Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    That's not original equipment.
    Hi, Yes it is, Mossberg 44 US (b), shown on Havlin, Numerich and a few other sites, Mike

Blog Entries

it is an add on option or accessory, IIRC,

the original should be a standard small bore, military style screwed in swivel, I think,

basically a swivel with the center part hollow and a wood screw that goes in it,
    so the swivel swivels,

Remington, Winchester, Mossberg etc all used similar swivels, on the target guns,

I am out of town at a show, will see if I can get some pics up of what I am talking about when I get back

Blog Entries

20230917_184713.jpg

Mossberg M44 US original equipment

Blog Entries

PWC is correct,

what is on mine, and one I looked at this weekend at a gunshow,

5. Default

Hi, this is what I have, quote is from the Havlin sales page. "BACK IN STOCK – NEW VENDOR! Mossberg 1-1/4" detachable sling swivels for .22 rifles. Used on all .22 sporting and target models from 1936-1957, these are newly manufactured detachable swivels which twist and lock into the raised swivel bases on the Model 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 51, 140, 144, 146 and 151 series models. These are brand new, blue, steel swivels. Each $32. Does not include swivel bases – these must still be attached to your stock to use these.
    Item: DSWIV $32 each"
    I have what they call " raised swivel bases". I don't known why your bases are different. My base is what is pictured above, a slotted base. They must be common as they are sold at different places on the net, Mike

It appears Mike is correct and the sling attachments are correct for the Model 44US(b) but not the Model 44US. Probably part of the reason for the "b" designation, that and a lot nicer wood on the rifle in the video. These were apparently post WWII rifles.

By the way, Numrich has what appear to be repros of those detachable sling loop assemblies listed for sale for less than $40.00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7OmZeZ2QyQ
    Last edited by Art; 09-29-2023 at 08:29. Reason: Correction, accuracy