Default Disastrous traffic j

Something catastrophic may be lurking in our not too distant future once electric vehicles become our only mode of transportation after being forced down our throats by our government. Several million vehicles use the Florida interstates on a normal day every day of the week. The last two major hurricanes that hit Florida put several million extra vehicles on I-75 and I-95 at the same time all fleeing north to evacuate the areas that were in the path of the storms. Most EVs driving north from central or southern Florida might make it as far as Jacksonville before their batteries are dead. Now, picture several million EV owners all trying to find charging stations in Jacksonville at the same time. Now, picture every escape route north completely jammed with EVs with dead batteries. Police and tow vehicle drivers are no help since they are also forced to drive EVs. Escaping the storms or any other life threatening catastrophe will be nearly impossible.

For those of you who think this scenario is too extreme should drive on I-75 around Tampa during rush hour and see traffic completely stopped in both directions due to the congestion or see how traffic can come to a complete stop on I-4 and be backed up for several miles because everyone has to slow down to a crawl to look at a fender bender that’s on the shoulder or a cop giving someone a ticket. We used to call them “rubberneckers.” The sheer number of vehicles on Florida’s interstates on a normal day is astounding. I’ve seen it many times and it’s real.
    Last edited by Merc; 09-03-2023 at 05:44.

The states need borders.

Everyone fleeing from the states they screwed up to responsible states are destroying them too.

Excessive traffic is but one problem.

Freeways in California aren't any better and possibly worse!

We do have borders. No one pays any attention to them. If everything goes electric what are we going to do with all that oil and gasoline?
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    We do have borders. No one pays any attention to them. If everything goes electric what are we going to do with all that oil and gasoline?
    Well, since we have sanctuary states for illegals we should be able to have sanctuary states for gas burning cars, stoves, BBQ grills and such.

6. Default

What comes to m ind is "How do you charge your E.V. when the power is out"?

7. Default

The control freaks pushing this crap overlook the likely hood of hackers shutting down entire egress routes during crises.

Quote Originally Posted by Phloating Phlasher View Post
    What comes to m ind is "How do you charge your E.V. when the power is out"?
    On clear sunny days there's super slow solar provided you have spent the thousands of $ to set it up. Otherwise there is this most common way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

In a future conflict;
    Maybe while our and our enemy's Tanks are recharging we can play football ?

Quote Originally Posted by dogtag View Post
    In a future conflict;
    Maybe while our and our enemy's Tanks are recharging we can play football ?
    The time it would take to charge batteries that big we could probably make peace with them.