Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mission accomplished 100-10X with bolt AR.

Fired 20 rnds at 100 yds this morning with my bolt AR Unitah 20" upper .223 Wylde. I think 9th is going to like his when he gets a chance to shoot it. Amazing!

Warmup on sightin target produced 5/8" max spread for 10 rnds. Moved the scope up one click and left one click before shooting the MR-31C. Final score is 100-10X. 1/2" max spread for 10 rnds. This is shot off Atlas bipod with bunny bag. Next goal with this rifle is to shoot a 100-10X without breaking the X ring. Whatta Hobby!

Bolt AR 10.jpg100 10x.jpg100 10x 2.jpg100 10x 3.jpg100 10x 4.jpg

Blog Entries

good shooting

Thanks. After being down in the dumps with lyme disease for a month, it really feels good to do some significant shooting.

Lyme = bummer. Time at the range = Good. Excellent results = Best of all. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

I looked for the load thinking you made them up. However, if I am reading it correctly you used 73 grain, Federal Gold Medal ammo.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMOhio View Post
    I looked for the load thinking you made them up. However, if I am reading it correctly you used 73 grain, Federal Gold Medal ammo.
    That is correct bought a couple of cases from Target Sports just for the Halibut when I saw they were loaded with 73 gn Bergers. Had excellent results with some GMM in 6.5 that were loaded with Bergers.

Would like to have a set up like that in 6.5 Creedmoor. Have no idea of costs for a custom build. The only one I found that might be within range is made by Ruger. However, I don't know if it would be capable of the kind of accuracy you have shown us so many times.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

No need for any darn custom build. My next project will be a 6.5 Creedmoor upper from UNITAH which I will be sticking on an AERO Precision M-5 lower. Unitah sends a beautiful drop in trigger with their uppers, or at least they did with this one. If I can nail one together, anyone can.

Looking forward to you completing this new project and seeing how well it does at your range. How about another day by day update during the build. I remember someone doing that some time back. Don't remember who it was but.....I have an idea it was most likely you nf1e.
    Author unkown.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMOhio View Post
    Looking forward to you completing this new project and seeing how well it does at your range. How about another day by day update during the build. I remember someone doing that some time back. Don't remember who it was but.....I have an idea it was most likely you nf1e.
    I have done a few over on the M14 Forum over the years. Was banned from that forum a couple of weeks ago.