Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Saturday coffee Aug. 12

New laptop still on the way - still using my OLD pc in the basement twice a day. It's pretty slow... I should probably look for a zerk to lube the hard drive.

Ballooneys in town this coming week which could turn into decent photos - by someone who knows how to run a camera. Gas prices still bouncing around here - down a bit this AM @ $3.69

My grand bicycle plans bit the dust - as did I. Long story short, the spirit was willing, but the knees were weak. I was pretty unhappy and parked it back by the backyard shed. I suppose I could get a geezer trike, but I'm not willing to admit I'm that far gone yet.

So for now it's be quiet. Chores for wifey are all done. Maybe read a bit. Coffee later. SW

Blog Entries

putting stuff online, then headed up the street to pick up a new to me rider lawn mower for the shop,

got a dude coming by later this afternoon to sell me some pistols, bayonets etc, as long as we can agree on a price,

not sure what will happen after that,

need to fix a few things at home including cutting the grass there too

That's too bad about the bicycling.

I had a bit of trouble with lifting my leg enough to get off and on the bike- had to use curbs at first.
    Still can't manage the "leg over" swing thing. My years on a ladder have put an end to standing starts from the ground.
    I can, however, hoist things far up enough, with a bit of clumsy wobble, by standing on the left pedal.
    Still need a rolling start to do it though.
    Good on you that you tried.

The car is history now, and I have to depend on the bike to get around.
    If I ever get things together enough again to get another, it won't be g.m., I think.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharptail View Post
    I had a bit of trouble with lifting my leg enough to get off and on the bike- had to use curbs at first.
    Still can't manage the "leg over" swing thing. My years on a ladder have put an end to standing starts from the ground.
    I can, however, hoist things far up enough, with a bit of clumsy wobble, by standing on the left pedal.
    Still need a rolling start to do it though.
    I don't ride bikes any more but in my last years of riding I found that tilting the bike over while stepping over helped a lot. I didn't have to raise my leg as much.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    putting stuff online, then headed up the street to pick up a new to me rider lawn mower for the shop,

got a dude coming by later this afternoon to sell me some pist'mols, bayonets etc, as long as we can agree on a price,

not sure what will happen after that,

need to fix a few things at home including cutting the grass there too
    them riding mowers are getting a bit pricey , I'm currently rebuilding an old snapper for my daughter .

Flop Ears got me up at 0430. That seemed like an opportunity to spot a meteor or 2. Not to be - clouds got in the way. Much cooler here today with a sprinkle or two. In fact, I should probably go roll the windows up. SW

Chasing meteors is like fishing. My very first attempt was my favorite. I would have given it a shot last week but it was cloudy here to.
    Attachment 53549

Sorry about the size. Doesn't seem like all that big of a deal now but it was a big deal when I got it. Shot with my old Minota 1.7 50mm. 50 is narrow but I am willing to bet big.
    I have a bike but haven't ridden it in a year. I am kind of blaming it for my back irritation. The back is 97% better and I'm tempted to take it out for a short trial.
    Last edited by dryheat; 08-14-2023 at 10:45.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    Server at Jouster 2 says "invalid attachment".
    It may be too large/small to show here.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Finally got my new laptop! Now I'm slogging through the process of deleting stuff I don't want and closing features that share my browsing info. No wonder when you shop for stuff, so many ads for similar items spring up! SW

Just in from my publisher - book #15! He wants to start another, but I'm thinking of taking a break for a while - mostly because I'm just not happy with my writing of late. Working on a novel I've written and getting it ready to submit to different publishers sounds more appealing. SW
    Book#15.jpg