Default More fun than 2 barrels of monkeys.

Jut got in a Uintah Precision AR 20"upper in .223 wylde today. Stuck it on an Aero lower and mounted a 3.5 - 10 x 40 Lupold Mk 4. Haven't even shot it yet, but sure looks to be fun minus the smoke in the face and nasty carbon to clean up. I will be a happy camper if is shoots half as well as reviews with 77 gn GMM. Whatta Hobby!

Unitah precision..jpgUnitah precision 1.jpg

Blog Entries

remedy for the smoke, on a Semi, put a dab of sealant on the top of the charging handle, where it fits the top of the lower, and of course , use release compound on the lower till it sets up,

basically making a gasket if your AR is blowing smoke from there,

never had a problem with carbon, but I run the bolt just a bit wet ,

I was just kidding about the smoke. I don't shoot any of my ARs enough to have it really bother. I have been enjoying precision shooting more after going the semi route for a couple of decades. It's all fun.

AR.jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 08-01-2023 at 02:45.

Finished hanging hardware so she is ready for the range. AWC suppressor, Mlock rail, Atlas bipod, Pmag and IDF sling. Whatta Hobby!

Bolt AR.jpgBolt AR 1.jpg

Doing the recommended barrel break in this morning. Haven't done so much cleaning on a 5.56 in ages. Using GECO 55 gn target she was doing some nice sub 1/2 moa 10 rnd groups. Headed out for more blood work so targets will get posted later after my next nap. Whatta Hobby!

Bolt AR 2.jpgBolt AR 3.jpgBolt AR 4.jpg

Changed the scope to a MK4 16X fixed and shot these today. I figure a .527 and a .817 for 10 rnds at 100 yds each ain't too bad for the old guy. Whatta Hobby!

Bolt AR 6.jpgBolt AR 5.jpg

7. Default

That set up is IMHO the future of bolt action rifles...and I'd like one with a .223 Wylde chamber barrel at 24" and one in 6.5 Creedmoor with 26" barrel.

Had some time this morning waiting for the range grass to dry before mowing. Found a few old boxes of 77 gn GMM laying on the shelf and just needed shooting up as it has been replaced with a couple of cases of 73 gn Berger GMM. Dang I love the smell of gunsmoke in the morning. Shot off bipod. Before using the GMM up, I shot 20 rnds of hand loaded 40 gn Vmax to warm things up. Did have to add the suppressor cover to cut down the mirage which was terrible after the first 30 rnds. I do enjoy using the NRA MR-31C targets which are 600 yd scaled down for 100 yds with a 3/4" X ring. Whatta Hobby!

Bolt AR 7.jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 08-12-2023 at 09:32.

Well, got out an fired just 20 rnds with my bolt AR. Trying new ammo. I bought a couple of cases of Federal GM .223 that uses Berger 73 gn otm which is advertised as 2800 fps at the muzzle. Left the scope with setting from handloads that were running the same. First 2 shots clean cold bore were dead center on my sight in target then creeped up slightly. Dropped the elevation 2 clicks and moved onto an MR-31 and shot a 100-9x. First two shots on the MR-31C were at 11 oclock. Left the scope setting alone because they were Xs and the rest were down near 6, go figure. One thing I noticed with this ammo is it produces tons of white smoke. Almost like shooting black powder. I like the 7 rnds through the one 1/4" hole at 6. Now if I could get over being exhausted it would be a lot more fun. Whatta Hobby!
    Attached Images Attached Images