Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Internet scams

I recently bought a small electric pressure washer from WalMart on-line and had several on my watch list. Now I just received an email telling me I won a free pressure washer from Harbor Freight. I reported it as spam of course but the point is anything you view, anything you buy is being tracked and watched. That's why the gov't wants to end currency where people will have to use a CC and leave a paper trail so they can snoop.

It seems to me though that trackers would want to keep separate files. Someone viewing an item is showing interest in that item and could possibly fall for such a scam of "if you want it here's one for free".

Someone who has bought an item is not going to be interested in getting another one so they're targeting the wrong crowd there.

2. Default

Its a side effect of what I call "artificial stupidity".
    Smart enough to data mine you internet activity, but not bright enough to realize you don't need two of whatever it is.

Here's another one. Some folks have gotten fifty un-requested things from the internet sellers. Here's the deal; Company has five thousand dodads that arn't selling. What to do? They just mail them to people and they get some kind of points for "a sale" and then make up fake "likes".
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

4. Default

Was looking for items for my car on Amazon, and some of the pieces of crap have glowing pidgin english feedback that you just know came from off shore.

If it speaks chinese, hang up