Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If moving to the South

THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW IF YOU MOVE TO THE SOUTH

1. A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.

2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in the South.

3. There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in the South, plus a couple no one's seen before.

4. If it grows, it'll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite cha.

5. Onced and Twiced are words.

6. It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy!

7. Jawl-P? means: Did you all go to the bathroom?

8. People actually grow, eat, and like okra.

9. Fixinto is one word. It means I'm going to do something.

10. There is no such thing as lunch. There is only dinner and then there's supper.

11. Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar. It is referred to as the Wine of the South.

12. Backwards and forwards means I know everything about you.

13. The word jeet is actually a question meaning, 'Did you eat?'

14. You don't have to wear a watch, because it doesn't matter what time it is, you work until you're done or it's too dark to see.

15. You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH em.

16. Y'all is singular. All Y'all is plural.

17. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect, or animal.

18. You carry jumper cables in your car for your OWN car.

19. You only own five spices: salt, pepper, mustard, Tabasco, and ketchup.

20. The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local high school sports, motorsports, and gossip.

21. Everyone you meet is a Honey, Sugar, Miss (first name), or Mr (first name)

22. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.

23. You know what a hissy fit is..

24. Fried catfish is the other white meat.

25. We don't need no dang Driver's Ed. If our mama says we can drive, we can drive!!!

AND one more:

26. Why did the chicken cross the road? To show that stupid possum that it CAN be done!

I am familiar with all these except #5, #7 and #13. #20---most of the newspapers are thankfully gone now.

Had cajun chicken some years ago. YEOW! Called the Tums plant, send what you have in the warehouse ALL OF IT!

Cajun food is mostly concentrated in LA with a little in MS.

Personally I dislike hot or spicy foods---the taste of the actual food is covered up.

Some of my co-workers from MS would cook a big pot of crawfish (crawdads, mud bugs) at work and I asked one of them instead of all the spices why don't you boil/broil them like lobsters with butter? He said they have a dirty-nasty taste to them. I told them someone is trying to tell you something. Perhaps they shouldn't be eaten. If you just spice everything up you could just substitute rice, chicken, anything---it would all taste the same.

Blog Entries

there is only one mayonaise, Duke's,

the rest suck,

and most importantly, Interstate 95 runs South, and it also runs North, and some of the come here's need to head back north,,

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    there is only one mayonaise, Duke's,

the rest suck,

and most importantly, Interstate 95 runs South, and it also runs North, and some of the come here's need to head back north,,
    On a whole I do wish people would stay put.

Never heard of Duke's. Not sure we have it here. Wifey uses the Kraft with olive oil because the calories are lower.

Mayonnaise is of no use in a healthy diet.

If I order a hamburger at a quick food joint. I always have them remove mayo and ketchup and add mustard.

If you don?t eat raw eggs for breakfast. Why would you want to eat raw eggs (mayo) at lunch?

TFIC!
    Last edited by RED; 07-24-2023 at 06:03.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    Mayonnaise is of no use in a healthy diet.

If I order a hamburger at a quick food joint. I always have them remove mayo and ketchup and add mustard.

If you don?t eat raw eggs for breakfast. Why would you want to eat raw eggs (mayo) at lunch?

TFIC!

nothing finer than a burger with lettuce, onions and Dukes Mayo,,,

or a country ham sandwich with wheat bread, thin Country Ham (it's a southern thing and has to be sliced thin) mayo (dukes) and a slice of Meunster cheese,

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    I too have them hold the mayo. I've seen way too many of them slap it on with a spatula. They like to use it as a glue to hold everything in place like the lettuce and tomato that otherwise likes to shift around.

I don't particularly dislike mayo on my burgers, I just don't care for huge gobs of it.

Some are variable. Where I was born in S.E. Texas we ate breakfast, dinner, and supper. Lunch was something you took with you to work in a "lunch box." However, when we moved to rural central Louisiana they ate breakfast lunch and dinner there.

If you don't know when the first day of deer season is you'll find out as soon as you drive anywhere on the Friday before the first day of deer season. A pickup or SUV on its way to the lease is hard to miss and there are caboodles of them.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/health/med...me/ar-AA1ehbtt

Mayo recall. I've always like miracle whip better.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.