Thread: gun broker

Default gun broker

I buy on GB and have noticed that there is a fee added to the tax part, what's it for and why, don't they make money from the seller. Or they want to get from both ends?

I use GB too and it's a fee for this and a fee for that. It's the Chinese water torcher that annoys me. A month later you get hit with another little payment.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Blog Entries

the fees are for anything that requires compliance, usualy FFL items and it is 1% IIRC
    they collect sales tax as well,

both the tax and the fee are taken from the sellers account, so if the seller decides to let you send him payment w/o those taxes and fees, he is loosing money

sellers get a statement monthly of taxes paid, from the internet sales,

I concede that it's all on the up and up.

Blog Entries

I went to Shot Show this past January,
    and went to the Gunbroker booth,

I am a top 1000 seller, and had a question on something, (I had a CC chargeback, and it was past 90 days, so I could not see what the item was)

I met a guy that I had communicated via email with a few times, and then started a conversation with another guy on my issue,
    he was not really all that responsive, till he saw how much I sold on gunbroker,

then he was my best bud

but after shotshow, when I was just an email person, I still did not get the answer I wanted,,,,,

just goes to show, I guess

I use to buy a lot from GB. Only sold a few items. When I first saw some of their changes coming about I voiced a complaint/suggestion/why? comment to them (forgot what it was about). They did reply but too, didn't answer anything, just confirmed that's the way it is now.

Except for one rifle and a few bullet orders I haven't dealt with them since and nothing at all in the past 3 years or so.

Now what bothers me is when I try to view things on my watchlist fighting all the pop-ups while logging on and getting there. It sometimes seems they are trying to be as annoying as possible.

There's still Gun Auctions (the old Auction Arms) and Guns America but selection is very limited vs GB.

I have sold fifty or so on GB and only bought a few. I have bid on a few hundred guns but I have some feel for what they are worth. I bid to get them on my list. The one's that I'm afraid I might win, I just put on the watch list, but then I don't get to see the final figure. I have won auctions that I worried about but have done OK with. I don't think I've ever lost any money.
    The good old days when you were supposed to pay taxes but didn't. I guess it was on the honor system. Waitresses used to have say over their contribution but those days are over too. Ah, boy.

8. Default

Sold a few on GB, always through LGS with accounts. Penny start, no reserve and got a good price. But now with the fees it's tough to find a listing FFL and they want a bigger cut.

Taxing every possible source leads to everyone doing any thing to avoid paying. Ate at a high end restaurant in Aspen while ago. 22% gratuity right on the bill. Have to do it because IRS is brutal on wage earners and people tend to 'economize' on tipping.

Years ago (2007} I bought a few guns from GB and sod 2 or3. Afterwards, I started receiving monthly charges of $12.87. I was frustrated that it was IMPOSSIBLE to talk to a human and find out the purpose or benefits the charge was getting for me. So, after 10 months of frustration, trying to close the account yet my CC was hit monthly. I closed my CC. I had it for 23 years and my credit limit was over $20k.

From what I hear here nothing, nothing has changed.