Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Saturday coffee July 15

Flop Ears didn't get me up early for some reason today, and I slept in to 0530. But off we went to leave a few footprints. Annual celebration here this weekend. Street dance last night - as usual, we could hear what they were trying to pass off as music. There was also a chili cookoff and food truck competition.

Big parade today! When we left the house, people were already setting out chairs on the curb. I know it sounds trivial, but such is life in a small town. Grand daughters were all revved up last night about the sleazy carnival. I used to like taking a metal detector over there after they were gone, but kinda gave it up. Mostly found zinc pennies - once in a while a ring.

The kids will be over later. Park here and walk the 3 blocks to main st for watching the parade and maybe catch a cheap plastic necklace or cheap candy. Again, it's something different to do in a small town.

For now, it's be quiet so wifey can sleep in. SW

2. Default

Working on my first cup.
    It takes at least one cup before I can get both eyes open. Once I do, I'll be trying to get something done before we go over 100f.
    Sifting compost was the original plan but watering is going to be a priority.
    HPIM3430.jpg

...right after I figure out why I'm hearing sheep.

Getting ready for 2nd cup.

Not much happening here yet. Just looking around on-line to find ways to use my 3 stage air rifle pump to fill my bike tires. There's a Schwinn bicycle pump here that quits at 40 psi, which is on the low side for the inflation ratings on my tires. I'd like to get them up to 60 psi...

Coffee here ain't bad: 1/2 Tim Horton's retail grind, half Safeway Colombian. Works well for me, and everyone seems to like it.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharptail View Post
    Coffee here ain't bad: 1/2 Tim Horton's retail grind, half Safeway Colombian. Works well for me, and everyone seems to like it.
    Coffee is like beer or music. Everyone's taste is different.

I was raised on Maxwell House as a kid but loaded it up with cream and sugar back then so I liked it strong. Later in life I worked 12hr rotating shift work where coffee was an essential of life. Drinking about 10 cups per shift I realized how much sugar I was taking in. During that time a co-worker brought in his espresso maker. After drinking that I figured I could now easily drink black coffee with no sugar. Been doing it ever since.

At home I had to drink lighter coffee due to heartburn. Tried a lot of different brands and brews then found one that is PH balanced or at least close to PH neutral (Folgers Simply Smooth).

Added all this non-interesting garble in case someone else is in my boat with a weak stomach.

5. Default

Weed control.
    JulySheep.jpg

Blog Entries

gunshow weekend in Hampton,

staying in a condo my mom has in Norfolk,

hopefully, no accidents or delays, (4 mile backup yesterday afternoon) to get thru the tunnel

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    gunshow weekend in Hampton,

staying in a condo my mom has in Norfolk,

hopefully, no accidents or delays, (4 mile backup yesterday afternoon) to get thru the tunnel
    Hope all goes well.
    (as always)

8. Default

Several truck loads of sheep were brought in over the course of the day.
    (1) herder (on her phone a lot)
    (3) (hyper) Australian Shepherds ...no surprise there
    (1) towable cabin w 6" stovepipe

...looks like I'll have new neighbors for awhile.

HOT and sunny this morning. Sprayed weeds at my mother's house and cut down a couple of 4" oak trees using my DeWalt recip saw. Sprayed weeds at the cemetery.

Now, it is storming, high winds, black clouds and heavy rain. The day turned off normal after all.

10. Default

Solid overcast this morning.
    ...not normal at all. Not for this time of year.