Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Reese Surplus used to sell complete kits less the receiver and selector parts for $400 and you had your choice of matching parts by SA, Win, HRA, and TRW.

Their ads were in the Shotgun News issues throughout the 90's. Back then no one had any use for the parts though as no one (that I know of) was manf semi receivers.

When Springfield Inc began business their early M1A guns were made of the surplus parts (less receiver) till they became more scarce and costly.

When CMP first started selling the kits, you could ask for specific MFG and usually got it. Later on it was luck of the draw. Orion 7 had a ton of parts and sold kits at the same period.
    Not long before that you could pick up a complete parts kit niw less receiver at shows for about $250. Most of which, I have been told, came from returned parts supplied to Israel. Bought plenty then, but obviously never enough. Did stretch the budget anyway. Every now and again I have been made aware of parts stashes that still exist. I buy them up whenever I can, just in case. Whatta Hobby!

3. Default

Guy who built my four digit Springfield told me it's kosher.

In the mid 80's I shot on the Md. HP team and had the use of an m14. I also had an M1a that Glen Nelson built for me. I went distinguished in 88 at Perry and used my personal rife shooting the last leg. I had two legs with an M14 and two with my own rifle. I still have my personal M1a and even shoot it once in a while.

5. Default

i was issued a state gun in 1999 from Kansas Rifle Association. that was when everyone was switching to the AR and Sandy had one that nobody wanted so he issued it to me. I wouldn't say it was ragged out but it was NOT as accurate as the One George Gardner had built for me out of an early 90's SA M1a. Kind of cool that it was a bona-fied 14 tho. A TRW NM as I recall. I gave it back in 2001 some time as I'd quit doing much hi-power asI had gotten married and started having children and the wife took all my time away. 25 years later my 3 sons ae all old enough to get into it but i'm old a blind now. i bet that rifle is still in use as a dmr somewhere (I hope)

Wife keeps stealing my F150 anyway

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by remus View Post
    In the mid 80's I shot on the Md. HP team and had the use of an m14. I also had an M1a that Glen Nelson built for me. I went distinguished in 88 at Perry and used my personal rife shooting the last leg. I had two legs with an M14 and two with my own rifle. I still have my personal M1a and even shoot it once in a while.
    sadly, in MD, the M1A is a prohibitted weapon, now