Thread: odds and ends

1. Default odds and ends

I have been out of the shooting and collecting game for years because of age and health problems. I am trying to clear out my house and have some items which I wish to sell. I would appreciate it if those of you more with more knowledge than I could help me establish some approximate values.

1. A model 1903 Remington. As far as I can tell, the metal is correct, but the stock is a replacement with a J in the safety cutout.The rifle currently sports a12/43 Remington barrel in perfect
    condition. I had this barrel installed when I was in the cast bullet shooting mode. I did some research years ago, and found that a 12/41 barrel would be correct. This is what was on the
    rifle when I purchased it and I still have it. I would say overall the rifle is in VG condition.

2. A post war Winchester carbine barrel in new condition. Only marking is the WP'

3. A 1944 Springfield garand barrel Has been reparked and has a rather rough bore. Perhaps good for a rebuild.

4. An M1_D as received from the ODCMP lottery. Can't tell you much about it other than that it is a Springfield as it is still in the arsenal wrapping.

5. I also have 5 Springfield m1's which I bought from the ODCMP years ago. This is when they were selling good rifles. All are rebuilds in excellent shape.

A lot of stuff of interest and value here but I'm afraid a much better description and pic's will be needed on most of this otherwise all we can do is give you a wide price range, which you probably already know.

3. Default

Allen

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I do not have a good idea as to value. As I said, I have been out of the game for years. I am an old guy who does not know how to post pictures. If you will tell me what better description is needed, I will try to comply. I am simply trying to establish some range of value before I put these items on the market. At one time, one could keep track of most values on this site, but it has dwindled away over the years.

Wild ball park prices based upon description. Except for the Garand barrel everything is probably in decent shape or you wouldn't have bought it. Some may be worth much more. Hopefully others will add comments.

1. 1903. Assuming it is a 1903A3: 800--$1200

2. Win carbine barrel: $400. WW2 dated barrels are more in demand and value.

3. Springfield barrel: Wall hanger. The bore is why it was removed and most are not going to install this so no value given.

4. Sought after rifle: $2500 - $3000 and up depending upon many factors including correctness, scope, mounts and so on.

5. Springfield Garands: $1000 - $1500 ea depending upon correctness and grade.

5. Default

Allen -

Many thanks for your help. Actually, the Remington is a 1903 and not an 03A3. I assume the M1D is all correct since it was received from the ODCMP during their lottery. The Springfield Garands are all rebuilds as sold by ODCMP many years ago. All are in excellent shape with walnut stocks and cartouches (not necessarily correct). I didn't really think the Garand barrel had any value. I hope this will help. Thank you for your advice.

Blog Entries

I think he is low on the M1D,

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    I think he is low on the M1D,
    Indeed I am. That was intended to be a starting price.

What's under the wrapper? A buyer is going to want to know too.

Could be a $5000 to $8000 rifle.

8. Default

Thanks to both of you. I will unwrap the M1D and see what is there. How about the Remington model 1903 (not 03A3) ?

I would save the wrapper. It needs to stay with the gun.

The 1903 estimate was in thoughts of an incorrect barrel/date and being re-stocked so estimate remains. I shouldn't have made mention of a 1903A3--they have roughly the same value. Also, the A3 came out in 1942.

My 2 cents worth. Estimate range 0.00 to 0.02.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1903_Springfield

10. Default

Thanks for all your input guys. I really appreciate it.