Default Loading 30-06 today.

In the process of loading a couple of 100 rnd range boxes of 30-06 today. HXP brass with 210M primers, 55 gn of Norma 204 pushing Berger 155 gn Hybrid Target bullets. Whatta Hobby!

03A4 10.jpg

I have several rifles that thrive on the Sierra 168 grain HPMK and 48 grains of 4895. Shot well enough that I never tried to tweak it.

3. Default

I have built rifles without knowing what the rifle likes. I load 12 different loads of 10 rounds reach then sent the rifle with the ammo to the owner. I always ask them to determine what the rifle likes. A year will pass and then I will call and ask, I get the same answer; they will tell me they took a box of 10 rounds to the firing range and fire one round. After firing one round they say they adjust the point of air to the center of the target and then adjust for 1 in inch high. After that they go hunting with 8 rounds.

I should load 100 rounds all alike. They never put the cases back into the same box they came in, for me, not a problem, I use a different heads stamp for each 10 rounds. To get the cases back together, all I have to do is sort the cases by head stamp.

F. Guffey
    Last edited by fguffey; 06-30-2023 at 07:30. Reason: tamp to stamp