Default 03A3 rear sight aperture.

Just finished replacing the rear sight aperture on one of my 03A3s in order to make it more compatible with my aging eyes. Went from the standard .070 to .042 using one of ShootingSight's apertures. Thanks Art Neergaard, he deserves a lot of credit for his promotion of better vision and trigger control for us shooters. I think it will work out beautifully. Have been using other small apertures on my M1s, M14s and for a long time on my Springfield 03. This one was installed on a James River Armory 03A3 I have had for over 10 years. Have been shooting a lot more 30-06 lately and having a great time of it. Worked on my 03A4 and got that one percolating along with a new Hi-Lux M82 scope. Tightened my groups from 1moa down to about 3/4 or better now that I can find the 6 oclock on the target. For any of you that shoot 2.5 power M73 scopes on an 04 , think about moving up to the M82. I think you will appreciate the change.

Whatta Hobby!

03A3 sight.jpg

Interesting! I have heard from other members, maybe Ceresco, about filling the ap with JB Weld, and then drilling it out to your liking.

Mike

Smaller apertures have made a world of difference for me. I have been use a .040 on my NM configured 03 with Lyman #48 sights for decades. Whatta Hobby!

03 2.jpg03 1.jpg03.jpg