Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Well, it appears that Putin and Prigozhin have come to a 'meeting of the minds" and the Wagner group troops marching on Moscow have halted about 200 miles out from the city. As of yet nobody besides the parties involved know exactly what the deal involves. Prigozhin has been calling for a shake up in the defense establishment that included the sacking of the Minister of Defense and the Chief of Staff so it's possible that they'll be gone but who can say. He's also publicly said that the war was predicated on the falsehood that somehow The Ukraine was a NAZI state and was a mistake from the get - go. If he was just a regular Rooskie on the street any of this would have landed him in some awful labor camp or worse. Its still really possible, I think that it will be announced in the not too distant future that Prigozhin has been killed in a Ukrainian artillery bombardment or something which would solve Putin's problem but who knows about that either.

I suspect that one thing that is sure to come from this is a lot of pressure on old Vlad to make a deal on the Ukraine war that perhaps may include some sort of face saving fig leaf for Putin, but Zelenski has ben playing hard ball on that so he would have to be brought into line too.

Nothing would surprise me on this cluster fornication right now.

Its a real tough time to be a Russian soldier, I do know that for sure.
    Last edited by Art; 06-24-2023 at 12:33.

Priggy is a dead man - there's no way Putin can let him off with a forgive and forget kiss on the cheek. SW

Quote Originally Posted by 5thDragoons View Post
    Priggy is a dead man - there's no way Putin can let him off with a forgive and forget kiss on the cheek. SW
    Putin is probably dead, too. His chances of surviving this are vanishingly small.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Humphrey View Post
    Putin is probably dead, too. His chances of surviving this are vanishingly small.
    This may be in one of the above articles but I read where Poot'n took off in his presidential plane, headed North from Moscow and turned off the transponder so radar couldn't pick up his location or track him.

At this point I feel he is safe in Brazil or most anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    This may be in one of the above articles but I read where Poot'n took off in his presidential plane, headed North from Moscow and turned off the transponder so radar couldn't pick up his location or track him.

At this point I feel he is safe in Brazil or most anywhere.
    Could be. The news now is the mutiny is called off, and no one will be prosecuted. And if you believe that, I've got a bridge in Massachusetts for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Humphrey View Post
    Could be. The news now is the mutiny is called off, and no one will be prosecuted. And if you believe that, I've got a bridge in Massachusetts for sale.

After reading the latest, it says that the Wagner group military will go back to fighting side by side with the Russian troops in the Ukraine.

Something fishy is going on.
    Last edited by Allen; 06-24-2023 at 06:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Yep. Last I read was the Russian military was destroying the streets/payment surrounding Moscow to keep Wagner's group out. Civilians were trying to buy plane tickets to get out.
    Let's keep low so they don't hit us with a stray shot.

Definitely most anti climatic rebellion I've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by Embalmer View Post
    Definitely most anti climatic rebellion I've ever seen
    The Russians are good at embarking on vast undertakings with half-vast ideas.

10. Default

Something fishy is going on.
    I'll say!