Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Titanic mission

Default Titanic mission

Still no sign of the sub and not a lot of air left. That can't be a good feeling! SW

Quote Originally Posted by 5thDragoons View Post
    Still no sign of the sub and not a lot of air left. That can't be a good feeling! SW
    Assuming there wasn't a catastrophic failure of the pressure hull, in which case they're all already dead, the best scenario is they-re bobbing around on the surface somewhere and unable to communicate. If they're stuck on the bottom, and they find them, they are still in deep, deep trouble. No rescue has been made below 1,500 feet and they're about 10,000 feet deeper.

High rent adventuring that involves stuff like deep water submersibles or rocket ships is extremely dangerous by definition. People doing this should be warned that in the event of a problem there is a good chance of not surviving the trip. You truly pay your money and take your chances.
    Last edited by Art; 06-20-2023 at 06:27.

Blog Entries

read the same and saw a short vid saying similar to what Art mentioned,

they are crushed, from a failure in the hull, or maybe bobbing around on the surface waiting to be found,

vid said there were several redundancies ,

regardless, they cannot open or vent from the inside, so they may be on the surface and still suffocate,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsGc_JPLzA4

I think a lot of people would agree with me. I truly hope somehow these folks are alive and can be rescued but also that this ends the entertainment attraction to visit the Titanic. Finding the ship, taking pictures, and seeing that it broke up before sinking is all fine and good---a lot of questions answered there but I wish the location had never been revealed. It should be considered an unfortunate grave site and left alone.

Good post. Agree 100%

Some people find pleasure in living on the edge. No one questions the motives of adventurers who choose to attempt to climb Mt. Everest, yet its slopes are littered with the bodies of those who failed to survive the climb. They were left where they fell and are not considered recoverable.

As I post this (7:45 am June 22), the air in the submersible has run out! Experts say now there is no hope for survivers! It is now a search for the sub!

Old news now but a debris field was found this morning near the Titanic. So, everyone no doubt died instantly as soon as contact was lost.

What could have gone wrong in a plastic tube with 6500psi of water surrounding you?

Though the Titanic is in international waters the U.S., Canada, UK, France and all others that helped in the search and have rescue vessels should announce "no more sight seeing trips".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-Titanic.html

Plastic has definite limits. I hope no one has to discover this again with production of the Boeing 787 and Airbus A350 plastic planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Old news now but a debris field was found this morning near the Titanic. So, everyone no doubt died instantly as soon as contact was lost.

What could have gone wrong in a plastic tube with 6500psi of water surrounding you?

Though the Titanic is in international waters the U.S., Canada, UK, France and all others that helped in the search and have rescue vessels should announce "no more sight seeing trips".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-Titanic.html

Plastic has definite limits. I hope no one has to discover this again with production of the Boeing 787 and Airbus A350 plastic planes.
    I have heard these folks talked about as "explorers" and a couple of the people on board were that but the rest were "adventure tourists" and very high rent adventure tourists indeed. We're lucky there aren't more dead folks down there. They talked to one old boy who went down on a Russian MIR submersiable which is an actual military vehicle good to 20,000 feet and is much more robust and capable than the commercial deep sea tourist mobile these folks died on. Anyway he said a current caught them and slammed them into the Titanic's screws and they caught between the props and the hull with chunks of rusty steel raining down on them. He said only the cool head of "Victor" the Rooskie driving the MIR who was a former MiG pilot kept them from being dead down there as well.

Tourist rocketry and deep submersible diving is incredibly dangerous. No child should ever be allowed on one of these trips but not only was a kid on this one, he wasn't the first but hopefully will be the last. To the companies credit I do understand they told the clients that this trip could be your last trip and you need to know that going in. To the companies discredit they apparently waited hours before calling the cavalry. It wouldn't have made any difference but something besides corporate damage control should be on one's mind at a time like that.

And, Allen, you're right, the wreck ought to be designated a grave site and all tourist or commercial exploitation stopped.
    Last edited by Art; 06-22-2023 at 01:05.

Years from now the same thing will happen with people paying way too much money to walk on the moon - or other space adventure. SW

I can't watch free style rock climbing and climbing Everest just seems crazy.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.