Thread: CMP

Default CMP

I tried to log in to CMP to find out if they are still selling M-1 Garands. My log in info is no longer accepted. I was just curious as to what they have left and how to buy one.

Lots of sites, none of which answers the question.

Hi Red, hope you are doing well.

I checked the CMP site and here is the current situation as to available rifles:

Rack Grades: $850.00. No returns
    Service Grade: $900.00
    Expert Grade: $1,150.00
    Expert Grade IHC: $1,450.00
    Expert Grade .308: $1,150.00

It looks like they're running on empty right now. The site says that there will be no backorders accepted on Service Grade, Expert Grade IHC, and Expert Grade .308.

There is now a limit of 8 rifles per customer per year and a receiver equals a rifle under this rule.

Hope this helps.

I bought my Danish Return Service Grade with a brand new VAR barrel for $400.00 20 years ago, hard to believe. The gravy train had to end sooner or later. Hopefully they'll find another stash.
    Last edited by Art; 06-09-2023 at 05:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post

I bought my Danish Return Service Grade with a brand new VAR barrel for $400.00 20 years ago...
    yep. i did too but it had a WWII WRA barrel on it. in 2000, i paid $400 each for USGI service grades (back in the 'pre-sticky note request' days. July 42 Springer and early 54 HRA all complete

I just recently got dissed by CMP. Me and a friend put in orders for rack grades. He got his in ten days. After a couple of weeks I sent a note apologizing for bugging them but wondering about my order.
    No response. I made phone calls. More Emails. Finally, I wrote a letter expressing my exasperation and asked them to ignore my earlier order form. I stated I will not be ordering anything from CMP again.
    OK, so, I'm not real tight with some of the moderators. I figure they are culling their files.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Blog Entries

I did the same 20 yrs ago,

re the Danish VAR for $400,

to a Dane less wood too