Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    ??? That would mean he was in front of the gun no doubt.
    Probably. The Old Man was nobody's fool.

In the ammo video the cartridge cases were completely full of powder. Is a compressed load normal for an AK?

3. Default

I have no problem with things like Knives made in a dirt-floored shop with a charcoal fire in 2 cinder-blocks & a "BFH". I'm really amazed at the craftsmanship that can make such impressive items with so little. I have a couple of knives made that way that are marvelous!
    Firearms not so much so I'm afraid.

Khukhri.jpg

Khyber White Hunter.jpg

4. Default Afghan and Paki fakes

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    I have an Enfield in stock that was imported by TG , they had a rep for importing kyber stuff,
    this Enfield has an Indian receiver and maybe barrel, but the rest looks like Mohammed and Mustaffa got tipsy and finished the rest

would not shoot it on a bet,
    Back in 1987 I visited northern Pakistan and did have opportunity to observe many locally made fire arms ... predominantly from a local town ... Darra

They all "appeared" to be of good quality... just like the the fake Rolex watches being sold in Singapore at that time ... { saw those too }

Year or so ago I attended an estate sale of an Afghanistan Vet that had numerous old Enfield and Flintlock items he brought back from his tour.

I wouldn't have shot any one of them on a bet

Vets brought back untold amounts of fakes from the Middle East ..... then again

then again my Father brought back an SKS from Vietnam smuggled while a Flight Engineer of a C130 .....

5. Default

In the ammo video the cartridge cases were completely full of powder. Is a compressed load normal for an AK?
    When the "powder" is non-safety film chips (which I've seen with 3rd world ammo) who knows?