Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Making guns on the cheap

Cottage industry gun factory with minimum startup capital needed. At first they were making Tokarevs, but now I don't think so. Probably a generic Paki-style auto loader. SW

I think this is what the vid above is about. All you need is a basket full of files... and the ability to sit cross legged for hours on end. SW

Ammo loading is also a rudimentary process. Imagine what this guy could do with a Dillon or RCBS loader! SW

I once captured an M1911 that was made with nothing but a file. I didn't have the guts to shoot it.

I had a scratch build Martini a friend brought back from Afghanistan. Didn't look too bad on the outside, but internally, it appeared to have been made with chisels and files. Never fired it and told the new owner if he was smart, he wouldn't, either. SW

Blog Entries

I have an Enfield in stock that was imported by TG , they had a rep for importing kyber stuff,
    this Enfield has an Indian receiver and maybe barrel, but the rest looks like Mohammed and Mustaffa got tipsy and finished the rest

would not shoot it on a bet,

My dad once bet a member of the Egyptian Camel Corps his Martini wouldn't fire. The guy took the bet, but wanted an extra pound to pay for the cartridge. It didn't fire on the first try, but the guy stuffed grass and straw into the chamber to hold the case in position. On the second try there was actual flame coming out of the breech!

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Humphrey View Post
    My dad once bet a member of the Egyptian Camel Corps his Martini wouldn't fire. The guy took the bet, but wanted an extra pound to pay for the cartridge. It didn't fire on the first try, but the guy stuffed grass and straw into the chamber to hold the case in position. On the second try there was actual flame coming out of the breech!
    Standing in front of that rifle may have been the safest place to be when it was fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Standing in front of that rifle may have been the safest place to be when it was fired.
    If those boys are shooting, the safest guy in the desert is the one they're shooting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Humphrey View Post
    If those boys are shooting, the safest guy in the desert is the one they're shooting at.
    ??? That would mean he was in front of the gun no doubt.