Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. Default

Cindy.jpg

Miss Kitty.jpg

PlusX developed in Microdol
    50MM stock lens @ wide open aperture / hand held
    Last edited by Dragonsdad; 06-19-2023 at 03:17.

2. Default

IMGP3328.jpg

not unrelated...
    I was out chasing deer around in the Ruby Mountains and found a patch of rock chips and flakes that weren't native to the area.
    A person could easily skin a rabbit with this sucker.

worked_edge.jpg

IMGP3196_1.jpg

another-
    RubyFlake.jpg
    Last edited by Dragonsdad; 06-20-2023 at 11:51.

3. Default

I always struggle with reflective surfaces.
    Zoave_Patchbox.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsdad View Post
    I always struggle with reflective surfaces.
    Still a nice photo.
    If you can't control your light source, a polarizer filter will reduce those glaring reflections immensely, at a cost of 1-1/2 to 2 stops exposure. If you are working from Windows 10, dialing back on the highlights in the Win editing suite will help. Lightroom/Photoshop are supposed to be way better for that sort of thing. Overly heavy editing does show though, and it's always best to start with the image taking conditions first.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

5. Default

Thanx !

6. Default

Quartz crystals (Chinese)
    quartz_cropped.jpg
    Last edited by Dragonsdad; 06-25-2023 at 09:34.

Here is how I look at this photo game. Each photo you take, becomes something that you saw and admired enough to press that button. That instant in time is never repeated. If you think about it, each print tells a story. Most likely one that you envisioned within your mind if only for an instant. Anyone that is fortunate to view that print will probably see it as having a different story about it than what you envisioned. All photos have a story to tell, we only have to use our imagination unless we are the photographer as he or she knows the real story behind the print.

I like it, done well. John

THIS IS INTENDED FOR DRAGONSDAD CONCERNING THE PHOTO WHERE YOU TALK ABOUT PRINTS.
    Last edited by JohnMOhio; 06-26-2023 at 06:45.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMOhio View Post
    Here is how I look at this photo game. Each photo you take, becomes something that you saw and admired enough to press that button. That instant in time is never repeated. If you think about it, each print tells a story. Most likely one that you envisioned within your mind if only for an instant. Anyone that is fortunate to view that print will probably see it as having a different story about it than what you envisioned. All photos have a story to tell, we only have to use our imagination unless we are the photographer as he or she knows the real story behind the print.
    *** John

Interesting viewpoints John.
    I used to say "Anything worth looking at twice is worth a picture."

Have you ever had one person stand out from a crowd like nobody else is there?
    GDconcertGirls.jpg
    (I'd probably get yelled at trying to take this shot nowadays)

I used to say lots of stuff, including... "If I have to explain my shots, I'm not doing it right."
    GDConcert_ejected_1.jpg

What I miss, what I don't get posting images on-line is watching how the viewer's eyes moves across the image, seeing what holds someone's attention and their reactions.
    Honestly, if an image makes someone pause for a second or nets even the slightest of smiles, I'm a happy camper.

btw-
    I took these at a Reno, Grateful Dead concert.
    I was freshly home from an overseas tour and decided I wanted to be around people (female women).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dragonsdad; 06-27-2023 at 09:05.