Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Photographs (a chance to show off)

1. Default

From time to time I'll come across an Orb Spider that I'll more or less adopt. This year, it's a web under the porch overhang that I try not to mess with. Anything that cuts down on the number of bugs trying to get inside is okay by me.

Blog Entries

the web is still there in in good shape,
    usually they don't last this long,

must be good hunting, since another spider has a smaller sized web on the same tree,,

put the Canon 5D4 and lenses away,

loaded a YashicaMat124G with 12 exposures of Kodak Tmax 100 and grabbed my tripod and Weston Master III light meter, then headed downtown

one shot was showed some camera shake (the shutter/winder seemed to have a mind of its own) and a couple of back lit buildings, had more shadow than what would have been indicated by the meter reading

this young lady gladly continued working while i metered, composed and shot these two photos

1291694299-R1-007.jpg

1291694299-R1-008.jpg

That ain't bad at all.

Is this the current version of T-max 100, or is it freezer stored?
    I've come across T-max shots on another board that showed very impressive tonal range.
    The T-grains seem more responsive to light than the old stand by Plus-X/FP-4.

I can't remember what system the Weston lll is~ selenium cell, carbon strip or p-d cell.

Yashica glass was very good, and the 124G enjoys a bit of a cult following.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

5. Default

Weston 3, 4, & 5 are all selenium. The "Ranger-9" was the first CdS.
    Big honkin' sensor behind the trapdoor for bright conditions & the clip in incident cone.
    The Mat 124 was my preferred backup camera when doing wedding photography. I never needed a separate meter with it because the built in CdS one was pretty accurate.
    Best exposure system I ever used was a Weston Master V. Take a reflected reading turn 180?, clip on the Invercone, take an incident reading Average the EV's & pick the shutter speed aperture desired for the shot.