Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
  1. Default

even with overlapping it seems to provide a bowel effect when joined together.
    That's why I shoot vertical & use a mild telephoto!
    I know its counter-intuitive to get panoramas with a tele, but what you're seeing as a "bowl effect" is cause by perspective from wide angle, or to a lesser extent, standard length lenses. As mild tele (about double standard, no more, flattens the perspective slightly making for a flatter transition from edge to center of each image.
    Leveling needs to have the tripod legs & head dead horizontal, not just the camera platform. I have a couple of cheap bubble level capsules on the actual top platform below the ball or pan/tilt head for just that reason then a second bubble in the flash shoe lets me get everything dead level before I start.
    Last edited by Phloating Phlasher; 07-01-2023 at 12:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharptail View Post

When it comes to stuff like the in-law's kids names, I'm a total loss, among other things...
    The way I see it, if civilians want me to remember their names, they can bloody well wear name tags like normal people.

3. Default

This is how you get when it doesn't rain very often. Clouds show up and you start looking around for a camera.
    That thin streak of silver in the image above is the edge of the lake in the following shot. Mountain fuzzed out by the rain.
    TheLake2.jpg

Basically, you're looking back towards the house.
    Last edited by Dragonsdad; 07-08-2023 at 08:04.

4. Default

time of day- late evening / sun dropped behind the mountain awhile ago
    High altitude contrail still in full sunlight, roughly lining up with a break in the lower altitude and much darker rain clouds.

Contrail.jpg

5. Default

BigLake-4.jpg

All of these shots are a whole lot sharper before posting.
    Last edited by Dragonsdad; 07-09-2023 at 05:52.

Not too happy, sent him in to a field about 300 yards out with about 3' of fresh snow to take a look at some elk tracks.pouce coupe 007.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsdad View Post
    All of these shots are a whole lot sharper before posting.
    Consider hosting elsewhere from the forum- it probably doesn't have the bandwidth to support quality imagery.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ken The Kanuck View Post
    Not too happy, sent him in to a field about 300 yards out with about 3' of fresh snow to take a look at some elk tracks.pouce coupe 007.jpg
    I had the exact same down-filled parka from I *think* the Bay. Literally wore it to pieces. The down lining required dry cleaning to maintain the warmth. Kept me going as cold as minus 40 C.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharptail View Post
    Consider hosting elsewhere from the forum- it probably doesn't have the bandwidth to support quality imagery.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    Probably good advice.
    Honestly, I don't feel it's worth the expense or effort just to pass around a few pics.

Thanx anyway.

I use Imgur, which is free. I don't use their editing- it's far too slow. I edit from my laptop, and simply "host" from Imgur.
    Once I got the hang of it it, it turned out to be minimal effort- just to run two reduced windows at once is about it.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail