Default Bula Defense Systems M14 10-X target rifle.

Home built Bula Defense Systems M14 10-X target rifle.

Work in progress. Got a new Bula standard receiver in that just had to be turned into a target rifle. Barrel is a Bula heavy 1/10 22" .308. Most parts are Bula. Headspace is set at 1.632 using a PT&G M118 carbide finish reamer. Trigger group is usgi SA with no modifications or tuning. Scope is a Hi-Lux Dominator XR 6-30x56-R mounted on a Bassett low picatinny rail with ARMS 22 quick disconnect rings. Cheek riser is one of my TAC-PRO kydex velcro attach units. Action is bedded in an extra heavy NM walnut stock.

Targets were shot off a front rest with rear bunny bag at 100 yds using 155 gn Berger hybrid target bullets , 43.5 gn of Varget in MEN berdan cases set off with Tula berdan primers. Load development, underway, indicates that an increase in powder weight should be helpful in achieving the 10-X goal which is well within the capabilities of this rifle. Just had to show the bolt guys that our M14s can do a relatively decent job at bullseye shooting. Whatta Hobby!

Bula 21.jpgBula 19.jpgBula 20.jpg

Load has been established. 155 gn Berger hybrid target over 44.5 gn of Varget in MEN berdan cases set off with Tula berdan primers. Now it's time for the trigger monkey to work on his part of the equation. Whatta Hobby!

Bula 22.jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 05-28-2023 at 11:46.

Always a pleasure to read these posts detailing your gunsmithing techniques as well as handloading, range results. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    Always a pleasure to read these posts detailing your gunsmithing techniques as well as handloading, range results. Sincerely. bruce.
    Thanks Bruce. I do enjoy sharing my hobby and the little things I have learned over the years with others.

Target for today. Getting there. Rifle and ammo are capable of the 10-X designation. Trigger monkey needs some work. Whatta Hobby!

Bula 23.jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 05-30-2023 at 12:12.

It must be very gratifying to see the end result of your efforts. On the other hand, I have seen so many of your successful builds it might seem it becomes expected on your part. But never boring. Off to the range tells the end story but not the full story. Might say something like you should have been there from the start.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.