Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Range Fees

I belong to two ranges:

(This one is pretty cheap.) One is near Pittsburgh. I pay $15/year for a senior membership plus $10/year is required to pay for a yearly NRA membership. Pistol and rifle target structures are usually well maintained. Pistol ranges are 10 and 25 yards. Rifle ranges are 50, 100 and 200 yards. Dedicated archery range is 50 yards. Some borough LEOs train there.

(This one is even cheaper.) The other is in Linesville, PA. I pay $7/year for a senior membership. 5 skeet machines. Pistol and rifle ranges are combined and are 25, 50 and 100 yards. The targe structures are always too badly shot up before they get replaced.
    Last edited by Merc; 05-23-2023 at 08:58.

I haven't been to our range in fifteen years. There are three places that we shoot at out in the boonies. Of course they aren't totally level.
    Last edited by dryheat; 05-24-2023 at 01:13.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Trevor View Post
    River bend gun club in Georgia. 900.00 initiation fee and 330.00 annual dues.
    My son is a member there . . . .BEAUTIFUL range and facility!

My kind of shooters there . . . .NO ?BLASTERS?! (They only try to see how fast they can empty a magazine!)

If I lived closer (Connecticut) I?d be a ?range rat? there, I?m sure!

Will this forum/site EVER fix this punctuation problem?

(Query marks instead of apostrophes and quotation marks)
    Last edited by JimF; 05-24-2023 at 06:29.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    there is a similar range in Amelia, with the same hours and schedule,

and it is not a great range,

you may want to look into the range in Irvington,

my brother moved to Deltaville, and is a member there,

they are fairly active, but I am not sure what disciplines they shoot,
    or if they have a website,
    I will be in our shop in Kilmarnock on Thursday, and will ask

I have heard of this place as well, but don't know anyone that goes there

https://middlesex-range.org/

this is the other range I was thinking of,

https://rprclub.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    this is the other range I was thinking of,

https://rprclub.com/
    Thanks. About an hour north of me and nice drive too....

$700.00 is a stout initiation fee. For that kind of money I'd want some great amenities.

The club I belong to costs me $270.00 a year which in my case includes three guest passes that allow me to bring friends and relatives to shoot for free an unlimited number of times. Membership is limited and new members have to wait for an old member to move, get kicked out, or die. It has two rifle ranges one 200 yards and the other 600 yards. There are three 50 yard bays one of which is restricted to pistols and rimfire rifles. There is also an "informal shotgun range" which gets very little use.

A couple of things I like about the place I shoot are: it allows, within reason, some tactical training/practice, drawing from the holster ect. in the 50 yd bays, and shooting rifles isn't restricted to the bench, off hand, prone and other standard shooting positions are allowed.
    Last edited by Art; 05-24-2023 at 09:40.

In S.E. Iowa, Big Hollow gun range. Outdoors, covered firing lines, 25, 50, 100,and 300 yard ranges. No range officer. $35 p/year includes one guest.

8. Default

Local range $75/year plus $25 work bond. 200yd big bore, trap,skeet, outdoor pistol, indoor pistol only, and tactical ranges. We own the land and added to it in late 90s. Half baked 600 yd range but I don't like it; I'll drive 45 mins to shoot in my lower pasture. Trap only club is ~75 miles away. Wed and Sundays but there's a token operated range any day. $75 year.

I used to belong to the Lafayette Gun Club in York County, VA -- but moved away many years ago. Right now there's a great FREE range in the Ozark National Forest not far from my house, and of course I have my own range on my farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Humphrey View Post
    I used to belong to the Lafayette Gun Club in York County, VA -- but moved away many years ago. Right now there's a great FREE range in the Ozark National Forest not far from my house, and of course I have my own range on my farm.
    I thought you would chime in eventually cause you used to live here. What were the fees back then?