Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    Why are you so angry? The barrel is stamped "Produced by Santa FE Division"
    of Golden State Arms Corporation
    1942 SHARPSHOOTER.

Again, I have bolts that are in all kind of stages of having the bolt lugs sheared off, they all were removed from Santa Fe rifles, I do not believe the bolts would have survived the stamping/rolling.

If your barrel is original it will be stamped RA for Remington Arms. The rifle only has one barrel on it: I said it was a Santa Fe, everyone in the building had a chance to purchase the rifle that day, the rifle would not have been available for me to purchase if the barrel had been stamped RA.

Bad barrel? That would please me, I have a heavy machine gun 308/7.62 NATO Israeli barrel that is ready to screw in to the 03, The barrel on the "SHARPSHOOTER has been fired 10 +or - a very few times.

curious where this stamp is,

they (Golden State) made a pile of fake No 5's and stamped the Golden State info on the barrel just ahead of the handguard

quick googly search shows they are all sporterized rifles build off 1903 or A3 actions,

2. Default

Not angry. Just trying to help you get your story straight.
    What is it about this thread you do not understand? The receiver is not from Spain, The serial number is below 5,000,000. It was suggested the parts were 03A3 parts except the receiver, the serial number on the receiver suggest is is an O3 Remington, the O3A3 Remington carries a 1943 date.. And then there is the stamp on the barrel, you claimed there was no Santa Fe stamp on the barrel. I have bolts that have been rendered scrap, you assumed they were stamped.

I dug out a few more receivers, one with a 1940 code , it is a 24 Brno. My grandson wants to build a rifle, no problem, that will give me time to get over to Irving, Texas to see Mr. Lee at his Gun Parts Store.

One thing I am sure of, Mr. Lee has seen variations of the Santa Fe rifle, I have my doubts about about members that start with " If I remember correctly, etc..

I am reminded of the Blind men that had never seen a an Elephant.

https://allpoetry.com/The-Blind-Man-And-The-Elephant

My recollections have absolutely NOTHING to do with your rifle. I lived in that area back in the '60s and I do remember Santa Fe/National Ordnance selling what they called the "Trooper' that definitely had a cast receiver. Whether or not they assembled rifles that had Remington receivers earlier on I do not know
    J.J.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    What is it about this thread you do not understand? The receiver is not from Spain, The serial number is below 5,000,000. It was suggested the parts were 03A3 parts except the receiver, the serial number on the receiver suggest is is an O3 Remington, the O3A3 Remington carries a 1943 date.. And then there is the stamp on the barrel, you claimed there was no Santa Fe stamp on the barrel. I have bolts that have been rendered scrap, you assumed they were stamped.

I dug out a few more receivers, one with a 1940 code , it is a 24 Brno. My grandson wants to build a rifle, no problem, that will give me time to get over to Irving, Texas to see Mr. Lee at his Gun Parts Store.

One thing I am sure of, Mr. Lee has seen variations of the Santa Fe rifle, I have my doubts about about members that start with " If I remember correctly, etc..

I am reminded of the Blind men that had never seen a an Elephant.

https://allpoetry.com/The-Blind-Man-And-The-Elephant

the confusion is from what you posted,

which is what you don't understand,

meanwhile get the kid a rifle built and get him on the range!!!