Default El Nino, what does that mean in English?

Weather patterns throughout 2023 are already signaling we will be going through an El Ni?o southern oscillation that has the potential to significantly increase planetary heating in the coming months and all the way through to 2024
    El Nino, El Ninya. One of them means a lot of rain.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

I remember back in the Fall season; all newscasts predicted horrific weather thru out the mid States and East ward. Here in Iowa we had a rather mild Winter with very little snow and above normal temps.

If Columbus had a 4th ship it would probably have been named ......

4. Default

If Columbus had a 4th ship it would probably have been named ....

U-go, I-go? We-go?

El Nino means the child, masculine. El Nina means the child, feminine.

Should be a dash above each n, I think?
    Last edited by pcox; 05-18-2023 at 05:31. Reason: clairity

6. Default

Windstreams, like the Gulf stream.

El Nino (/ɛl ˈniːnjoʊ/ el NEEN-yoh, Spanish: [el ˈniɲo]; lit. 'The Boy') is the warm phase of the El Ni?o?Southern Oscillation (ENSO) and is associated with a band of warm ocean water that develops in the central and east-central equatorial Pacific (approximately between the International Date Line and 120?W), including the area off the Pacific coast of South America. The ENSO is the cycle of warm and cold sea surface temperature (SST) of the tropical central and eastern Pacific Ocean.

La Nina (/lə ˈniːnjə/ lə NEEN-yə, Spanish: [la ˈniɲa]; lit. 'The Girl') is an oceanic and atmospheric phenomenon that is the colder counterpart of El Ni?o, as part of the broader El Ni?o?Southern Oscillation (ENSO) climate pattern. The name La Ni?a originates from Spanish for "the girl", by analogy to El Ni?o, meaning "the boy". In the past, it was also called an anti-El Ni?o[1] and El Viejo, meaning "the old man."
    The second "N" should have a "tilde" accent over it (~)
    Last edited by Phloating Phlasher; 05-18-2023 at 06:56.