Default Bula standard M14 together and working.

Have a new Bula standard M14 receiver with bolt and usgi profile 19.5" barrel. This will be kinda enjoyable. Have not put a standard together in some time. There are quite a few stocks to choose from in the stash. I am thinking of maybe one of the T44 stocks with the M1 butt plate. Will see what happens as progress is made. Looks like plenty of small parts in the drawers, trigger groups, op rods, sights and flash suppressors. Just need to decide which will make it onto the project. Whatta Hobby!

Bula.jpgBula 4.jpgBula 1.jpgBula 2.jpgBula 3.jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 05-16-2023 at 09:38.

Had a few minutes this morning so I nailed her together. Found a real nice USGI fiberglass stock on the rack so here she is as a newborn. Decided to use an 19.5" barrel so I edited the OP. Nice to have choices. Whatta Hobby!

Bula 5.jpgBula 6.jpgBula 7.jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 05-14-2023 at 08:43.

Blog Entries

I have a 'bush' barrel, (18 or 19 inches tucked away somewhere, and an Alpini Stock

thoughts were to rebarrel my M14 (NFA) and put it in that stock,

likely brutal to shoot, , and it is way way on the back burner of things to do

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    I have a 'bush' barrel, (18 or 19 inches tucked away somewhere, and an Alpini Stock

thoughts were to rebarrel my M14 (NFA) and put it in that stock,

likely brutal to shoot, , and it is way way on the back burner of things to do

I am getting old enough to know better than leave anything on the back burner. Maybe save for the next lifetime, if such a thing actually exists. It's all good. That receiver, bolt and barrel came in less than 24 hrs ago and is ready for the range. Now, I may put that off for an hour or two. Whatta Hobby!

Update. This time I am doing a before accuracy enhancements and then another after updating the rifle. Right now it is just a plain M14 in a USGI fiberglass stock with regular trigger and non-unitized gas system, no shims either. No stock work at all. This is what one might expect direct from Bula Defense Systems for a standard build. This barrel is NATO headspaced to 1.636. Ammo is hand loaded 135 gn Sierra varminters. Fired 50 rnds of MEN German surplus rapid fire for function test and to warm things up nicely. Then switched to home brew ammo and fired for a 10 rnd 100 yd group. Max spread is right at 1.25 moa. Well within 10 dot challenge accuracy before any additional work. Whatta Hobby!

Bula 8.jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 05-16-2023 at 08:35.

Whatta Hobby! Man you can say that again!!! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Update. 19.5 used barrel was not doing what I wanted so I changed it out today for a Bula Defense Systems Heavy 1/10 22". Rifle is now bedded in a NM Walnut stock and looks promising. Ran 100 rnds dow range this afternoon to settle things down. Shot this MR-31C as my last target of the day. X ring is 3/4". So 6 hits on the X ain't too shabby for a dinosaur. Whatta Hobby!

Bula 15.jpgBula 16.jpgBula 17.jpgBula 18.jpg

You have a winner there, Sir.