Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Saturday coffee May 13

What a week! Rained pretty much every day which is very unusual for here! Not raining today but too soggy to mow. Maybe Monday.
    I'm ahead of the curve with mothers day stuff. Bought flowers & a card this morning. Nephew's son is graduating today - we'll attend that then zip home to let older daughter's dogs out.

No plans for tomorrow other than order in. SW

Blog Entries

breakfast had
    grass cut
    wife left this morning to see her mother and sister (sis recovering from having a kidney removed)

at the shop now, gonna work till 5 or so, then drag the trailer home to load up the mower so I can cut the grass at the shop tomorrow or monday,

need to find a cheap used riding mower,

Mowed grass yesterday before the daily rains.

Been having to mow since February along with using Roundup.

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    breakfast had
    grass cut
    wife left this morning to see her mother and sister (sis recovering from having a kidney removed)

at the shop now, gonna work till 5 or so, then drag the trailer home to load up the mower so I can cut the grass at the shop tomorrow or monday,

need to find a cheap used riding mower,
    That can't be a large lot (I'm guessing). Have you considered an electric push mower (Hart @ WM)? With an electric mower and/or trimmer you could bring it inside and not have gas fumes. I have a 20v trimmer that works well and you don't have to wonder if it's going to start and run. 40v would be better though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    That can't be a large lot (I'm guessing). Have you considered an electric push mower (Hart @ WM)? With an electric mower and/or trimmer you could bring it inside and not have gas fumes. I have a 20v trimmer that works well and you don't have to wonder if it's going to start and run. 40v would be better though.
    3.3 acres, 1/2 is grass,
    I have a Deer 340x, 54" deck,

takes an hour to cut the grass, and weed eat

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    3.3 acres, 1/2 is grass,
    I have a Deer 340x, 54" deck,

takes an hour to cut the grass, and weed eat
    Alright, my bad. Much larger than the average lot you would expect a business to be on.

Here 3.3 acres would house several businesses or about 15 homes depending upon land layout and size of house.

7. Default

I was Iowa City yesterday for daughter's Doctorate and woke up there today. Youngest was back for it and she came home here for tonight. She is wanting shoot

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Alright, my bad. Much larger than the average lot you would expect a business to be on.

Here 3.3 acres would house several businesses or about 15 homes depending upon land layout and size of house.
    3.3 is my home,

got 1/2 the grass a the shop cut today before a storm,

drove the van, pulling my trailer, and snatched my mower from the house

shop property is 2.5 acres, maybe 1/4 of that needs cutting, if that, including about 200yrs of driveway (gravel)

9. Default

Pretty much a normal Saturday here.
    I've been doing the normal stuff I normally do and now I'm talking about it.

I need a life.

Watched it rain last night pretty good starting at 8:30pm & even had a couple of mugs of coffee while doing so,consuming more coffee coffee at the present moment & watching it rain again,not flashy flooding type rain but definitely a very decent steady rain.......I like’s to watch it rain it’s a rare enough phenomenon event at time’s on the N N Island.
    Have been moving the bovine critter’s around last three day’s & i’s nackered abit so overall analysis is it’s a win win coffee relaxing morning!! Let it rain!
    Cheer?s all.
    Last edited by SDigger; 05-14-2023 at 09:52.