Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Your photo shows a barrel that has had the blue remoced from the chamber as well as the locking lugs. Not enough blue wear on the rest of the barrel to account for all the blue being gone on chamber and lugs. Polished area on chamber has rusted.

OK and?

Do you think it might be the original barrel?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kkc641 View Post
    Do you think it might be the original barrel?
    Could you give all the markings found on the barrel, and exactly where they are found. The P is the proof mark, and should be on the left side of the lug.

The pic i sent shows everything on the barrel.The P along with the Colt 45 Auto are on the left side,nothing anywhere else.

6. Default

All the Colt 1911A1 barrels I have seen had a mark on the bottom of the chamber ahead of the lug.

Here are two Colt 1911A1 barrels with the COLT 45 AUTO on the left side of chamber. P proof on left side of lug, and ahead of lug as described.

I did not see no G,next time I have it out I will look again,thanks

8. Default

It won't necessarily be a G. During WWII production Colt used several different marking ahead of the lug. May be a letter, a number, or combination.

If it doesn't have a marking there, may have been removed when the chamber was polished.

If it doesn't I will find the correct barrel for it.Thanks