Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Humphrey View Post
    I'm up early every morning, and by first light I'm feeding the horse and donkey. Then off to the gym -- old men need to work out hard! I get back for lunch and MAY go into town, if I have a legitimate errand. On Thursdays and Fridays I'm in Little Rock with my wife, Jane, in the nursing home.
    Feeding the horse and donkey would be working out hard for me these days

I knew your wife was having problems. Sorry to hear she has to go to a nursing home though.

Blog Entries

sorry to hear she is in a home now Vern,

been there, did that, with my Father,
    he was in a rehab,, then memory care for a few months

Thanks, guys. My younger daughter, Carolyn, quit her job in Manhattan and moved to Little Rock to help out. She's a Doctor of Physical Therapy and she does so much for Jane.

My publisher is now making scenes to go along with a board game designed by Kow Yokoyama = Maschinen Kreiger, and I'm writing narratives that describe the war in detail. (sample scene included below) Short story - wars on Earth finally render the entire planet uninhabitable so people migrate elsewhere in the galaxy. Fast forward to the 28th century where it's discovered people can live here again. But like before, two factions compete for control, leading to another world wide war on Earth and the moon.

There was another entity involved in this fantasy world - arguments broke out over how the game should proceed, and it was tied up in litigation for nearly 20 years.

The principles have kissed and made up, so to speak, and it's full speed ahead developing it. Publisher and I have been recruited to make and write a book to be marketed with the game and generate interest in it. So far, it's been fun, but now I find out Japanese fans want it to have a prominent anime element - which it did to some extent in the beginning.

Big oops! I despise anime and don't want my name connected with it in any way. I received one scene where the young, attractive female protagonist is borderline anime bug-eyed. I'll write that one that won't end well for her, but no more. In a way it's kind of a shame - I was just getting into the concept.

I'm confident the present developer (a fellow in Australia with whom I've corresponded) will find someone completely up to speed with all the subtleties of anime to do the deal. Does this make me narrow-minded? There's a very good chance of that, but I can't see compromising my ideas on certain topics.

Sorry, friends... rant off. SW
    bookpic18.jpg

I also intensely dislike anime. The extremely low production values make it totally artless, especially in the visual sense.
    The shameless heavy toy-promotion is another huge turn off.

The last worth to watch cartoons for me were the W/B-7 Arts Fleischer period Looney Tunes~ not to be confused with the hyper Animaniacs age stuff.

Good luck with the writing!
    I have been toying with an idea about fictionalized OSS operations around the time of the Bulge, but still have a heck of a lot of reading to do yet...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    Last edited by Doc Sharptail; 05-09-2023 at 11:25.

Sitting down & drinking light coffee of an evening at sundown watching it rain again last night,it’s getting to be a habit.....& I’m very good!! with that!
    Last edited by SDigger; 05-15-2023 at 08:31.