Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Saturday coffee May 6

Rain! Been a while since it rained two days in a row! I was glad I mowed 'cause it's too wet now. With all that moisture in the air, it was dense fog this morning. It was always fun running trains when it was so thick you couldn't see past the short hood. The drill was trust the signals and come out on the throttle... and I never did trust the signal system 100%.

Ah, but that's behind me now. Took Flop Ears out for the usual short hike and then over to Wally for cheap dog food. Also got stuff to make ravioli for dinner. Plans for the day mostly include house mouse stuff like shove the vacuum around. For now, me & the mutt are in quiet mode so wifey can sleep in. It's a great morning for that. SW
    Last edited by 5thDragoons; 05-06-2023 at 06:20.

2. Default

Eyeballing my first cup and considering the options.
    I've started avoiding Wally World on the weekends. The crowds are nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsdad View Post
    I've started avoiding Wally World on the weekends. The crowds are nuts.
    Plus you have to pay a cover charge to get in on weekends. I'm speaking about all the organizations wanting donations. I feel I speak for many of us in saying we don't mind giving but gee, it gets old sometimes.

Blog Entries

up at normal time
    wife had the Coronation on,
    pomp, circumstance etc,

whipped up a batch of GF Buttermilk Biscuits
    scrambled a few eggs,
    fried some Sausage (local breakfast type)

surfed the daily sites,

grass now cut,
    fertilezer\weed stuff down, and yes, I am about 4 to 8 weeks behind the curve,

now I have to rehang a ceiling fan and put together a piece of furniture for the wffe this afternoon,

meanwhile,, since she is out running errands, I am going to get some sofa time,,,

The trick for wally is going in right as they open at 6. You have to dodge a few stockers, but I always know right what I want so it's a quick in & out trip. I only go there mostly for dog food and paper products. SW

Finally broke 68F for 2 days in a row.
    There was a big fat june bug beetle out back. Sure looked like a big dragon fly nymph.

Wally's prices are growing by leaps and bounds- once a place for cheap bread, but no longer.
    Less than a week to go for for the walleye opener!

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

7. Default

I've been doing Wally's online ordering / pick-up, option for while now.
    Weekdays, I'll be one of two or three cars. Wait time on the weekends might be an hour or longer.
    I'm going with weekdays, preferably after the morning traffic's tapered off.

Been on a fresh biscuit kick lately.
    Can't help but notice prices going up pretty much everywhere.

I go to Wally about once a year. I was there yesterday because I had business right next door. I shop at Fry's (Kroger) Mafia. Walking the aisles at WW I saw prices that were higher than Fry's.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsdad View Post
    I've been doing Wally's online ordering / pick-up, option for while now.
    I now order a lot thru WM on line. I don't do the pick up because our local branch can't seem to understand it. Their rules and pickup place is different every time so I stopped that. Now, I just have everything sent straight to my house. Food I still shop for but everything else I have sent. They're gotten a lot like ebay where some items are sent by 3rd parties.

Shipping is free on orders > $35.

I'm up early every morning, and by first light I'm feeding the horse and donkey. Then off to the gym -- old men need to work out hard! I get back for lunch and MAY go into town, if I have a legitimate errand. On Thursdays and Fridays I'm in Little Rock with my wife, Jane, in the nursing home.