Default Ibm carbine trigger housing

What would be the correct trigger housing for a IBM serial number 384xxxx carbine.The info i found IBM did not make trigger housings during this serial number range,Thank-you in advance.

In all my readings, the only IBM carbines that did not have BE-B or B-EB stamped trigger housings were some in the first few thousand during early productions. Some of those early IBM carbines had trigger housings from National Postal Meter which had an "N" on the left side and a "9" on the left side. For your 384xxxx IBM, I would expect a stamped / brazed trigger housing that was marked BE-B or B-EB.

Mine has a Rockola

- - - Updated - - -

Would a flat or round bolt be correct?

4. Default

I agree with Mike in NC. The only other use of subcontracted trigger housings, according to Larry Ruth's "War Baby I", were some from Quality Hardware marked Q-TX.

kkc641, You may have been thinking about the receivers in this serial range being made by Auto-Ordnance and marked AO on the rear bevel. They supplied approx. 50K in the second half block of 38xxxxx serial numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by kkc641 View Post
    Mine has a Rockola

- - - Updated - - -

Would a flat or round bolt be correct?
    Is your 384xxxx IBM an Auto Ordance subcontract receiver? Does it have an "AO" on the bevel of the receiver behind the serial number. If it is an AO IBM receiver, I would probably go with a flat bolt. If it is a regular IBM receiver, it could have either flat or bolt depending on the forth digit in your serial number. I would probably go with a round bolt as those are much easier to find.

It is a AO RECEIVER SERIAL # 3848149

Quote Originally Posted by kkc641 View Post
    It is a AO RECEIVER SERIAL # 3848149
    I am guessing it has a IBM dated barrel, probably something close to 10-43? I would look for a IBM flat bolt if you can find one.

Yes it does