Default Markings on 1943 Saginaw Barrel

Most is worn off wondering if anyone could tell me who made the barrel,Thank-you in advance.Not sure how to post a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kkc641; 04-30-2023 at 11:58.

That looks like a Winchester proof mark to me. Sure looks like a Winchester barrel to me. Most likely a replacement barrel. If this carbine is a Saginaw S.G. and not a Saginaw S'G' carbine, I would expect only a Saginaw barrel to be on this carbine during production.

Thank-you after looking at all the different barrel markings of different manufacturers i kind of thought the samething.

Magnified the marking is definitely a badly struck WP. No record of Winchester barrels being transferred to Saginaw.

I bought it for a shooter.The good thing is the bore is excellent and the slide,bolt and trigger housing are Saginaw.

With all the military Carbine ammo being non-corrosive I don't believe I have ever seen an original Carbine with a bad bore.

I have seen a few wore out using a muzzle wear gauge but not pitted or dark.

The jointed G.I. cleaning rods were hell on the muzzle. If the joints didn't line up evenly or the joints stuck out they made a slow but effective cutting tool. Some of the Korean imports of several years ago failed the bullet test by the neck of the round starting to enter the bore.
    Last edited by Johnny P; 05-09-2023 at 07:57.