Default Started prep on a batch of .308 berdan cases.

Nice rainy windy day so I am hanging out in the playroom prepping a 500 rnd batch of MEN 7.62 x 51 German surplus berdan brass on it's 3rd loading.

1. Deprimed
    2. Annealed
    3. Sized
    4. Wet tumbled with SS pins.
    5. Run through the dryer.

Last group of 150 is in the dryer now. In a couple of hours it can come out and get run through the Giraud trimmer.
    Should be ready for priming and loading in the morning if we have crappy weather again.
    Open ammo can is for cooling the brass after annealing. Whatta Hobby!

Berdan.jpgBerdan 1.jpgBerdan 2.jpgBerdan 3.jpg

Finished priming 400. Ready to load. Looks like I will be using Sierra 135 gn hollow point fb varminters. Now to go through the record cards and find which powder and load worked the best. Whatta Hobby!

How are you depriming those cases? I've tried the hydraulic method with no success, tried the depriming tool with the Steel Tooth and I finally got where I could get them out but not without damaging the anvils

Quote Originally Posted by androck14 View Post
    How are you depriming those cases? I've tried the hydraulic method with no success, tried the depriming tool with the Steel Tooth and I finally got where I could get them out but not without damaging the anvils
    RCBS depriming to works great once you get the pin depth set properly. I do 10s of thousands every year and it's just as fast as hand depriming boxer. Whatta Hobby!

Berdan.jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 07-28-2023 at 06:12.