Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

High today predicted to be 73F. Currently it is 90F and feels like 96F. At least this is what the weather channel is stating.

Rain prediction time and volume changes as it occurs. 2 hours ago rainfall was to be 2". Now it is predicted to be over 5".

The term "weather forecast" should be changed to "weather history" and only state what already happened and what we already know.

I know a lot of variables account to what weather we have and can't be predicted perfect but our forecasters come nowhere close usually.

A 10 day forecast changes several times a day, often dramatically, so why make a forecast at all?

Been mid 40's to low 50's the last 4 days. Hauled out the bike 3 days ago, after almost 4 months of disuse. Still got my legs more or less, and the riding pleasure is still there.

Light rain in the forecast for overnight. We could actually use a good soaking- it definitely wouldn't hurt. Bluebells should be pushing up anytime soon now.

There was quite a bit of a snow-goose fly over last week. The spring hunt for them should do well in far north areas this year.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

No matter how old we are or feel our coffee (origins) are much older. A brief history.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/morning-c...145246307.html

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    No matter how old we are or feel our coffee (origins) are much older. A brief history.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/morning-c...145246307.html
    Interesting short read. Thanks for posting. Wonder how the Colombian strain of coffee developed, but not enough yet to look for it.

Snow is completely gone. The last week has been steady mid 40's to low 50's. Temperature is actually dropping as I type this. We had about 1/2" rain overnight, and it was sorely needed. I still get surprised over how fast the elm tree buds open with just a bit of rain. There's a real apple tree down the lane from us- I'll get pix if it flowers this year. It didn't last year- it was too dry here.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    Last edited by Doc Sharptail; 04-16-2024 at 10:10.

This little fellow was passing through my yard yesterday. Picture was taken with my wife's tablet that has no zoom that we know of so I was only about 2' from him. Very tame and box turtles are about the only ones that are safe around kids.

His shell was about 7-8".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rain predictions here (per Wundergrund.com):

Rain predicted for yesterday, last night and today (no rain so far).

This mornings prediction was changed to sunny with no rain though it was overcast with many black clouds > 2 hours later: 60% chance but 0.0" forecast.

Now: 30 minutes later > 15% chance but still 0.0".

Not complaining about the lack of rain (for the day) but the fact they can not predict ANYTHING but still do. Other weather stations (here) are no better. Local TV news reporters never give an apology or even an "oops" for their bazaar ridiculous forecast that seldom pan out as guessed.

I never had a job where I had zero accountability. I suppose being a weatherman is a prerequisite for going into politics.