Default CZ-527 American .223

This is my truck gun. Been in the back of my last 5 pickups. Take it out of the case and clean it once every few years. CZ-527 American .223 22 inch barrel 1/12 twist. Scope is a Leupold VX3i 2.5-8x36mm mounted on an EGW rail. Loves handloaded 40 gn V-max moving at around 3500 fps. Whatta Hobby!

Truck gun 1.jpgTruck gun.jpg

2. Default

CZ stopped making them w/o any notice. Gotten rather $pendy. Replacement is nice but doesn't have the soul.

The Czechs made (and make) some fine looking traditional rifles at pretty darn good prices. They make some really nice handguns as well. They are also one of the more gun friendly countries in Europe and I understand carry licenses are pretty easy to get and a good many Czechs "pack heat."

Oh, and that is a beautiful rifle. You obviously care a lot for it since it looks a lot better than just about any truck gun I've seen. I admire people who take care of their gear.
    Last edited by Art; 04-24-2023 at 06:36.

Quote Originally Posted by barretcreek View Post
    CZ stopped making them w/o any notice. Gotten rather $pendy. Replacement is nice but doesn't have the soul.
    The same with the Remington 788 which was a similar concept. i understand the 788 was discontinued, in part, because too many people were buying them instead of the 700s. 788s have gotten "spendy" too, if you can find one. A friend of mine has a 788 in .30-30 Winchester, one of the less common calibers. I had thought of getting a 527 in 7.62x39 having two milsurps and lots of ammo in that caliber, but never got serious enough to buy one