Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Since the EV driver can't walk to the nearest charging station for a bucket of electrons, it has to be a flatbed to the nearest charging station, which, as you noted, ain't cheap. Maybe AAA will start patrolling the roads in trucks with big diesel generators.

There are so many rich people money isn't an issue. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. It just seems that way. We import poor people. That screws up the numbers.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

The Biden crime family is pushing EV because China makes the batteries for them. Biden's crime family gets a kickback! Also, it takes huge amounts of raw materials to build a EV battery which produces high amounts of emissions to the atmosphere. The collusion with China enabled China to build a EV battery factory here in the U.S. at taxpayer expense but owned and operated by China. EV vehicles are 'bad to the bone'!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    The Biden crime family is pushing EV because China makes the batteries for them. Biden's crime family gets a kickback! Also, it takes huge amounts of raw materials to build a EV battery which produces high amounts of emissions to the atmosphere. The collusion with China enabled China to build a EV battery factory here in the U.S. at taxpayer expense but owned and operated by China. EV vehicles are 'bad to the bone'!
    E85, pushed by the corn lobbyists, is a crime upon the combustion engine population.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    E85, pushed by the corn lobbyists, is a crime upon the combustion engine population.
    truth,

6. Default

Another case where producing the low emission product pollutes more than what they are replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    Probably the first post from you that is sensible and true.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsdad View Post
    Tesla parked on a side road yesterday had me wondering why someone would leave it where it was.
    Didn't seem to have a flat tire. The hood wasn't up. Then I realized I was thinking along the wrong lines.
    There has to be a routine for the EV equivalent of running out of gas. I just have no idea what it could be other than expensive.
    I wonder, just wonder... if said Tesla had a trailer hitch (possible? I have no idea), could a friend bring them a generator on a U-Haul trailer, connect the trailer to the Tesla, connect and start the generator and get home?
    ... just a thought that amuses me.
    Tommy

Blog Entries

You can't just go to the dealer and buy a new car anymore. In the case of Toyota, the mfgr determines their allocation. Last Dec 27 I bent my 2016 Prius (55 mpg) really bad. Went to buy a new one and none on any lots. Toyota sends advance notice which model they will send next w/in 30 days. Dealer didn't allow down payment to reserve, so it was first come first serve. I lost out on two, third one is mine. On 4/18 I beat out at least one person I know, because she came in 20 min after me, unhappy and crying.

Have a friend who has been waiting 4 mo for an electric Ford F 150.

I've had 2 other Prius, walk in and buy, no problem. I wanted a known hybrid because we don't know what is coming for the next 1 1/2 years out of Washington on energy.

Yeah, I know there are people here that are down on Prius for their own reasons. But, their opinions are like a'holes, everyone has one. In this instance, mine trumps.
    Last edited by PWC; 04-27-2023 at 11:08.