Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    You can't just go to the dealer and buy a new car anymore. In the case of Toyota, the mfgr determines their allocation. Last Dec 27 I bent my 2016 Prius (55 mpg) really bad. Went to buy a new one and none on any lots. Toyota sends advance notice which model they will send next w/in 30 days. Dealer didn't allow down payment to reserve, so it was first come first serve. I lost out on two, third one is mine. On 4/18 I beat out at least one person I know, because she came in 20 min after me, unhappy and crying.

Have a friend who has been waiting 4 mo for an electric Ford F 150.

I've had 2 other Prius, walk in and buy, no problem. I wanted a known hybrid because we don't know what is coming for the next 1 1/2 years out of Washington on energy.

Yeah, I know there are people here that are down on Prius for their own reasons. But, their opinions are like a'holes, everyone has one.
    re the Prius, I test drove one maybe 6 or 7 yrs ago,

nice car, not the fastest off the line but would cruise at 80+ all day long, nice smooth ride,

did not car for the way it handled, I wanted something sportier, (bought a Cooper S)

generally speaking, Toyota makes a nice reliable car,
    between the wife and i we have had 2 Celica's, a Camry, and 3 pickups (still have my Tundra)

re the dealers, a friend bought a new Maverick,
    he was on a waiting list, got the call, went and test drove and bought it on the spot,
    some guy came in as they were doing the paperwork, and when he realized he could not get a test drive, or buy that one, had a complete meltdown right in the middle of the showroom,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    Probably the first post from you that is sensible and true.
    You're just getting smarter.

3. Default

Biden administration says U.S. military vehicle fleet going electric. Think about that for a while. Slo Joe had to think this up himself. "We can get there", but there won't be anything there when we do.

Biden energy secretary doubles down on electrifying US military's vehicle fleet by 2030: 'We can get there'

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    Biden administration says U.S. military vehicle fleet going electric. Think about that for a while. Slo Joe had to think this up himself. "We can get there", but there won't be anything there when we do.

Biden energy secretary doubles down on electrifying US military's vehicle fleet by 2030: 'We can get there'
    Yeah, those 70 ton tanks and C-5 Galaxie's are going to get a lot of mileage out of those lithium batteries.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post

when I was a kid, Dad worked at an AMSA unit, he was the Small Arms guy,
    there was an Electronics guy, and a Supply Guy, (and a boss and secretary)
    the rest were mechanics,

Dad always drove his vehicle, when having to visit other units etc, vs taking a military vehicle (either a car, or the pickup or blazer type)

why, cause he said he knew the mechanics, and he wanted to get there in back without breaking down,

granted, the cars available were basic model Dodge sedans,
    or the stripped down, you will be deaf in an hour Chevy 5/4 ton pickup, or blazer,

6. Default

ACE ran a funny today about driving an EV from Beaumont to El Paso. Such as 'let us know how it went'.

7. Default

We use to go to Colorado in the fall of the year. About 15/16 hours of driving 600 or so miles the first day and about 500 the second day, arriving in the evening of the second day. With an EV should be able to make it easy in about three or four days unless we got stranded without a charging station.

Has Slo Joe started building the charging stations yet? Miles upon miles of New Mexico interstate with no power lines in sight.

-Has Slo Joe started building the charging stations yet? Miles upon miles of New Mexico interstate with no power lines in sight.-
    That would be my bet. New Mexico. Who goes there? Me. But flying into Albacurque is a lesson in boring views out the window.
    It's part of the SW. Lots of worthless sand.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.