Default carbine sash hanger clip

I have the hanger -clip , that rides on the sash and snaps onto the carbine saddle ring. The spring is broken and would replace it if i knew what it looks like, the spring holds the clip closed.
    sorry can't do pics

Some place i have seen a pic of a soldier mounted on horse back with the sash clipped to the carbine.

thanks kurt

Quote Originally Posted by k arga View Post
    I have the hanger -clip , that rides on the sash and snaps onto the carbine saddle ring. The spring is broken and would replace it if i knew what it looks like, the spring holds the clip closed.
    sorry can't do pics

Some place i have seen a pic of a soldier mounted on horse back with the sash clipped to the carbine.

thanks kurt
    Sorry, but I have NO idea what you are talking about, unless you mean the leather carbine sling (which came in two styles, wide CW leftovers and the model 1885 which was narrower - both had brass buckles. I can post pics, but not right now. IF that is what you are talking about, the spring is pretty simple - but I've never seen one loose. The complete rigs go for several hundred dollars.

I found it page 281 Frasca & Hill

I believe this is what you refer to. The spring would be simple to make but where it is riveted to the main body will be difficult to remove the old spring remaining and re attach the new one.DSCN2509.jpgDSCN2510.jpg