Default Model 1917 with Pedersen Device

I found these photos from years ago of a Model 1917 with the WW1
    Pedersen Device installed. never found much information about the
    testing ? nor how many were tested ?dscn1278.jpgdscn1280.jpg

Blog Entries

from a museum collection?

caption is not correct under the magazine

I wonder if Gloria ever sold hers. I saw it listed with Dick's gun stuff long ago to be sold.

A Pedersen Device was modified for the Model 1917 Rifle, but never put into production. That may have been the only one modified.

I was not aware that any Pederson devices were ever made for the Model 1917, only the Model 1903. Learn something new all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenboremag View Post
    I was not aware that any Pederson devices were ever made for the Model 1917, only the Model 1903. Learn something new all the time.
    Adaptation I suppose, like Johnny mentioned above. Like putting a Chevy engine in a Ford.
    Last edited by Allen; 04-17-2023 at 09:26.

As noted in my post, one was modified for the Model 1917, but none were ever produced for it. The U.S. military was getting ready for the big 1919 spring offensive, and thought the sub-caliber weapons with the Pedersen device would play a role, but the war ended as well as the development of the Pedersen device.

There was another for the Russian M1891 Nagant as well.

Default Pedersen Device on Remington Mosin Nagant rifle

Here is a photo of Wm B. Edwards firing a Remington Mosin Nagant with the Pedersen
    Device installed. Note the magazine is located on the left side. dscn1277.jpg