Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: strange siting.

Default strange siting.

On nice warm evenings like tonight I like to sit outside in my lawn recliner and watch the planets emerge. Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn were easily identified. Once it got dark enough for the stars to be visible I caught site with my naked eye of a blue light moving across the sky rapidly. I got my binoculars on it and at first I thought it was the International Space Station, but soon realized that the sun was down too far for its light to be reflected off the ISS, and this thing was moving much more rapidly than the ISS. I watched it all the way to the eastern horizon and a couple of minutes later caught site of another blue light on the same trajectory. These things were screaming across the sky. I thought perhaps they were military aircraft, but there were no strobe lights or marker lights. Even at extreme altitudes strobes and markers can be seen, and these thing seemed to be above the atmosphere, there was no sound.

About twenty-five minutes later I witnessed the same thing again. If they were satallights, they were in low earth orbit and had their own light source. They were moving WNW to ESE across the sky. I first caught site of them about thirty degrees above the western horizon and tracked them all the way to the eastern horizon. If it's clear tomorrow evening I'll be watching again. There's no telling what's up there.

No need to report it. The gov't will quickly dismiss it as a "high tech, high speed, weather balloon" (that can tolerate supersonic speeds) or a $12 toy balloon that got away from some individual hobbyist.

Keep us updated please.

3. Default

I'm not saying it's aliens, but...

seriously...
    I'd be curious too.

appx an hour and a half ago going by the time stamps on our posts and you're way East of me.
    I wonder if the moon wasn't too far below the horizon or even strong enough a light source to have been 'lighting them up' so to speak.
    ...just throwing it out here

Lighting what up, I won't even try to guess.
    Last edited by Dragonsdad; 04-14-2023 at 09:56.

Blog Entries

maybe a row of Starlink Sats?

It was reported yesterday that there were many more Chinese 'balloons' than were reported by the Biden 'balloon' people! It's all part of Biden's collusion with China to let these spy balloons crisscross our Nation!

These objects were not balloons. They were moving faster than anything I've ever witnessed in the sky. I've been around airplanes most of my life, I possess an Airframe and Powerplant Mechanics License from the FFA. I've seen plenty of fast aircraft but these were unusual.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    Would they possess their own light source?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    Maybe the Iridium sats? They are in stationary orbits but you can see them flash, reflect sunlight, in daylight
    Last edited by PWC; 04-15-2023 at 01:01.

Quote Originally Posted by pcox View Post
    These objects were not balloons.
    That's why I asked you to keep us updated. Lot of interest here.

Probably no relation to what you saw but look up TR-3B sometime. Old technology now.

Something moving so quickly might be just space junk re-entering the earths atmosphere.

10. Default

any updates?