Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Quote Originally Posted by Phloating Phlasher View Post
    Sorry, but C-22 is still a chromogenic process (dye couplers in the emulsion) very similar to Ektachrome reversal film. It used the older CD-3 Color developer in the low temp process & can be processed as a B&W by not coupling the dyes. That's also why you could "Cross Process" C22 (kodacolor-X) in E-4 or E-4 (Ektachrome-X) in C-22 for artistic effects.
    You can do a similar process today exchanging E-6 & new Ektachrome emulsions in C-41 & vice versa.
    Never try C-22 film or Ektachrome-X in modern chemistry though the emulsion will be stripped from the backing in development! wrecking the film & killing the chemistry & processor's filters too.

Both c-22 and old kodachrome can be developed in normal grain type B&W developers eg original Rodinal at 1-100 of all things. You are correct in the emulsion being on the "Back" of C-22 film. The kodachrome images done this way are pretty ghoulish without stripping the dye layers, and not really usable images, but images none the less.

No intent of dishonesty here- I've done it myself accidently with Kodachrome 64 and Rodinal, which is how I found out about this in the first place. C-22 is listed as developable in Rodinal on several photo sites.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

2. Default

I'm not implying dishonesty. I apologize if you took it that way.
    I think you misunderstand.
    The emulsion(s) are still on front, below the anti abrasion top coating.

The rear anti-scratch/antihalation dies are on the back. Those are what detaches in High temp processing.

=Phloating Phlasher;656520
    I think you misunderstand.

Looks like that's the culprit there

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    Last edited by Doc Sharptail; 01-07-2024 at 04:30.

Stills from the Canon GL-2 video camera:
    It seems to work, with albeit low data input into the photo. The lens on this looks like a good one. Image above is the first for me out of the camera~ shot at about 3 feet. It is about a 55-60% crop, and is a bit noise soft.

Screen grab off the T.V. from Nat Geo's Life Below Zero series.

It seems to work fairly well under generally poor indoor lighting conditions. I suppose I'll get around to shooting a bit of video with it later on once I get tape availability sorted.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

5. Default

Mini DV?
    I have a spare Sony DVM-60 if you need one & it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Phloating Phlasher View Post
    Mini DV?
    I have a spare Sony DVM-60 if you need one & it will work.
    I've got 3 here that will probably work. They're pretty small- about half way between a mini micro audio cassette and a regular audio cassette.

Video is not really my thing- I've done some, mostly off a wheeled tripod/fluid head set-up, but that was way back in the 80's. The film and digital SLR's are taking the bulk of my time these days. At least I can still say I'm shooting

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

7. Default

I'm not really a video guy but I acquired an older Samsung video camera that used both memory cards & Mini DV cassettes. Like you say a shrunken cassette, but bigger than an audio micro.
    IIRC B&H still sell them among others.
    Good luck with yours, I remember a tip I heard years back is to FF & then Rewind fully before using if they've been stored a long time.
    Last edited by Phloating Phlasher; 01-12-2024 at 10:35.